Join for free
Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 11:57 AM

Re: Do you complain more or less..

Probably complain more since being online. It's so easy, isn't it?

I don't think I do much complaining in real life.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
My daughter has just started work as a Pharmacist
She has already come across all walks of life in the job of course..

She was in a reflective mood last night.
Suddenly out of the blue she asked..
"Mum...why is it that old people are either really, really lovely...or..."
I offered..
"Cantankerous old g***?"
Chuckling she replied..
"There doesn't seem to be anything inbetween does there?!"
Oh gawd, can you think of anything worse than being called "really, really lovely" by a young person. That's one step away from being patted on the head in a nursing home.

I think I complain less now but more effectively, I see serious complaints through, demand recompense and take it to the top.

Bad, rude, slow service? I confront the individual, the manager, the owner of the shop/business, head office and give negative feedback everywhere I can online.

If it's a serious complaint about something, don't just moan. Involve your MP, the ombudsman, local/national media, internet campaigns and feedback, trading standards, regulatory bodies etc.

"Cantankerous old g***?" Bloody right, better than being that "nice" old lady in the nursing home.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 12:59 PM

Is it not possible to be "really really lovely" and still possess the brain and the personality to complain, vociferously if need be, when something is very wrong?

Complaints dont have to be grouchy and bad tempered.
They can be polite but firm, courteous but insistent..

In fact to my belief the latter can often bring about better results.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Is it not possible to be "really really lovely" and still possess the brain and the personality to complain, vociferously if need be, when something is very wrong?

Quite so Ruthio
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

I think "really, really lovely" is a patronising expression younger people use about the old, implying that at a certain age, being thoght really, really lovely is the best they can aspire to, while their acheiving it is slghtly surprising. Does anyone really want to be summed up as "really, really lovely"? It suggests someone a bit vacuous to me.

Of course complaints shouldn't be grouchy and bad tempered or emotional in any way. They should be formal, clear and accurate, stating the nature of your complaint and what you expect to be done about it, including compensation. And advise of the further actions you intend to take if you don't get a satisfactory reply. There's no need for any more politeness or courtesy than required by standard business language.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 02:02 PM

I find complaints too time-consuming though. When is it likely to be resolved? A week? A month or longer? At some point I'll give up.
twizzle
somerset

03-03-2018, 02:16 PM

That's what they count on! And why I think it's better to complain less but more effectively. I let small things go with an abrasive comment and maybe a negative review but persist on things I think are really bad. If it's important, I don't give up, just take the next action, then forget it until the next stage.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I think "really, really lovely" is a patronising expression younger people use about the old, implying that at a certain age, being thoght really, really lovely is the best they can aspire to, while their acheiving it is slghtly surprising. Does anyone really want to be summed up as "really, really lovely"? It suggests someone a bit vacuous to me.
If someone referred to me as "really really lovely" Id be perfectly happy.

It says a lot about the person who says it, its just a form of compliment, so whats not to like
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 02:32 PM

I don't think anyone has ever referred to Me as being 'really really lovely'..but..I'll take it with good grace..any offers...anyone??..no?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:00 PM

I'm really really lovely ... and getting lovelier by the minute.

Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top