Join for free
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 10:00 AM

My Garden before and after for about £35

Still have a few things to do but am keeping my eyes open on freecycle as I want a few new fence panels to replace the broken ones that seperate the lawn from the patio and I want a couple of big tubs to plant some tropical looking plants.
Hopefully the pics will show even if you have no money you can transform your garden to something pleasent.

Before the lawn

The patio

During

Now
Lawn

Patio with an offcut of tuff turf I got very cheap for the dogs to use as thier loo.

Thanks for looking :grin:
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Re: My Garden before and after for about £35

My goodness MM ...... what a transformation! Well done, it looks great and some flower tubs/pots will finish it off nicely.

It's surprising what can be done if you set your heart to it...... hopefully you can spend some nice, warm summer days out there now!
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My goodness MM ...... what a transformation! Well done, it looks great and some flower tubs/pots will finish it off nicely.

It's surprising what can be done if you set your heart to it...... hopefully you can spend some nice, warm summer days out there now!

Thankyou its so practical with the dogs too as no more mud and they don't need to go down onto the lawn for the toilet as they have thier own bit of artificial grass at the end of the patio.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Wow it looks great MM - and what a bargain!
madmare
Essex UK

16-05-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Wow it looks great MM - and what a bargain!
Thanks. Yes it is a bargain, I already had the slabs from a couple of years ago and most were down, just needed the last ones down and some drainage put in hence some slabs lifted and the stones at £1 a bag put in places.
The turf was rather sad and yellow looking when I got it from people off freecycycle but with watering and care over the last couple of weeks it has transformed and is now beautiful.
The most expensive thing was the off cut of tuff turf, which the chap dropped off yesterday as he was passing and luckily even though its not real grass my dogs used it straight away
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Well done indeed
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 04:55 PM

I'd like to commission a finished hen run from you please!
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Nice one MM, a true gardeners heart getting something done for as little as possible, it looks so green and clean.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2010, 10:36 PM

Looks wonderful......well done to you
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Good work!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top