Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Re: My allotment - some pictures

Your allotment and produce look great.....pity you keep getting burgled though-just no respect for other peoples property!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 02:46 AM

Wow, Paul, had no idea your allotment was so large! Looking great, lovely fresh produce. I've never grown spaghetti squash, understand you can use the innards exactly as you would spaghetti itself. I see your coriander hasn't bolted yet, lucky you! It does here as soon as it gets really hot. What chilis are those?; they're still green. I usually let mine get red before harvesting. And thinking of ratatouille is making my mouth water .....

Thanks for sharing those!! I love seeing peoples allotments.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 08:49 AM

Mouth watering! You certainly have a lovely allotment! Home grown veg is the best.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 10:38 AM

Nice looking plot there-and some great looking produce. Could you send me some rain please?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 11:28 AM

That is not an allotment Paul it is half of Yorkshire.

It must have took a lot of hard work getting it to look like that, you deserve your rewards.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Nice looking plot there-and some great looking produce. Could you send me some rain please?
We had rain today - not much though. Hope some came your way.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Wow, Paul, had no idea your allotment was so large! Looking great, lovely fresh produce. I've never grown spaghetti squash, understand you can use the innards exactly as you would spaghetti itself. I see your coriander hasn't bolted yet, lucky you! It does here as soon as it gets really hot. What chilis are those?; they're still green. I usually let mine get red before harvesting. And thinking of ratatouille is making my mouth water .....

Thanks for sharing those!! I love seeing peoples allotments.
The chillies are cayenne (I picked green but will let the rest go red - not much heat in them). The coriander was about to bolt so I picked it to use - so same problem here with warm weather.

I have planted some petit posy sprouts, they look good and I hope to get a decent crop. http://www.thompson-morgan.com/seeds...ct/4777/1.html
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

12-07-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
That is not an allotment Paul it is half of Yorkshire.

It must have took a lot of hard work getting it to look like that, you deserve your rewards.
I was lucky to get one and a half plots - for some reason noboby wants the plots in that area of town. It is most definitely a work in progress - I plan to have all raised beds (ready for when I am too old to get down to weed )

It is hard work, but as you all know - the veg tastes so much better.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Re the chilis, I prefer Thai Hot to Cayenne... they are hotter! It's too late now or I'd send you my spare seed ... always have lots left over just growing three plants.Have you tried succession planting with the coriander? I did, and it just bolted much quicker!
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2010, 10:15 AM

PP I am soooo jealous you have an allotment!!!
We can't find any near where we live I tried the council too and they are useless. MY husbands auntie had a huge garden and he used to tend that with great success, but that was down south and we're up'tNorth We do grow things like lettuce, carrots, spring onions, and strawberry's in our garden in pots which is ok but husband is itching to grow big scale again lol

June x

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top