Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2010, 10:24 PM

Re: Flying ants!

Originally Posted by merz ->
Don't be frightened of swallowing one Mags.....an Environmental Officer once told me they were very nutritional He was serious, but I wouldn't want to eat any of them
I think I would need to swallow a few dozen to get any nutrition out of them, Merz!!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2010, 10:26 PM

There was a (short lived, thank God!) fad here in the 70s for chocolate covered ants!!! No thank you!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think I would need to swallow a few dozen to get any nutrition out of them, Merz!!!
Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
There was a (short lived, thank God!) fad here in the 70s for chocolate covered ants!!! No thank you!
Think you'd need more than a few dozen Mags...maybe a bucket full

Oh my goodness Dandysmom. Even chocolate covered ones wouldn't tempt me either
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2010, 08:30 AM

I've only seen swarms of them once up here - they were all over the pavements! However, our summer weather up here on the west coast at least, hasn't been warm enough for them to survive!!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 08:30 PM

We haven't had a show yet of flying ants so don't know if it is now too late as they usually appear around here in July I too don't like them...We are also in very short supply of Wasps only seen two all year and that can't be a bad thing I hate them with a vengence....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top