Join for free
Page 556 of 754 « First < 56 456 506 546 554 555 556 557 558 566 606 656 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:31 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good morning ladies. Roxy enjoy your trip home you'll be looking forward to seeing family and friends. Beki I'm hopeless with things around the house, I have to get call in workmen. May I'm thinking of making soup, the way weather is we need it. Have to get some shopping in today and then maybe a bit of
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 12:59 PM

Good Afternoon People,it's a brighter calmer one here today...just had a run
around with the Dyson & pledge,Ironed a few t shirts,so out to the SH for a nice long read,

I heard this on the radio and I hope Nicola does as She says,

Scotland should retain the two-metre social distancing rule as part of its efforts to combat coronavirus, an expert has said.

Behavioural scientist Professor Susan Michie from University College London was speaking as Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon prepares to announce the findings of a review into whether the two-metre rule should remain north of the border.

England has already scrapped the policy in favour of a one-metre plus system, and is also moving ahead with plans to open pubs, restaurants and hairdressers this weekend on what has been dubbed “independence day”.

Prof Michie said the change is a “disaster waiting to happen”, insisting opening indoor areas in pubs is “probably the top of the level of the hierarchy of riskiness”.

Alcohol disinhibits behaviour – even if people start evening with good intentions re. keeping distance, regular hand cleansing, after a couple of drinks they are likely to be forgotten. Put that together with opening pubs on Saturday, on Independence Day & hyping it up,

Speaking on BBC Radio Scotland’s Good Morning Scotland programme, she said: “I think it is really misguided. I think it is asking for trouble. I think everybody can see what is going to happen.

“If we really want to eradicate this virus and get back to normal, this is exactly what we should not be doing.”

Prof Michie, a member of the Independent Sage expert group, said Scotland has so far performed “brilliantly” in tackling Covid-19.

She warned against relaxing the two-metre rule, particularly after a cross-border cluster of cases were discovered in the south-west of Scotland and north-west of England.

She said Scotland should “keep on going in that careful, cautious way because it is obviously showing massive dividends compared to south of the border”.

She added: “Given you have got these outbreaks and clusters, I would suggest going a bit more slowly and I would definitely suggest hanging on to the two-metre rule in the light of that.”
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:17 PM

Afternoon All, Will have to have a sleep this afternoon or I'll be too tired to drive overnight to Perth. Weather's no bad just hope it stays dry. Will pop in from time to time, Behave now.

This came out today, OMG what a scream.

valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 06:00 PM

Safe journey home Roxy. May I'll still be following some of the rules. I wont be rushing into town for shopping. Turned out quite a nice day here, so decided to have a fish supper sitting outside.
valentinojess
largs, scotland

03-07-2020, 01:32 PM

Good afternoon ladies. Pouring with rain here and it looks like it wont stop. Put the recycling back in the garage. I don't have anything in for dinner so it looks like a take away curry tonight.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 02:23 PM

Good afternoon good People,and what a wet miserable one it is too,I'm still in My tracksuit but I aint running/walking anywhere!!

I have curries which I cooked and froze,but I'd much rather have one delivered cos' I'm sick to death of My Own cooking even though it's healthier....I wanna get dolled up and go out to a Restaurant for lunch/dinner

Have a good weekend all and stay safe,xxx
valentinojess
largs, scotland

03-07-2020, 06:26 PM

May I enjoyed the curry. Stopped raining so I'm going to walk up to Morrisons and get a bottle of wine,
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

03-07-2020, 07:28 PM

Hi Jessie,glad You enjoyed Your curry..lovely....enjoy the wine too..I couldn't tell You the last time I had a glass of wine,not even on My Birthday in Feb' or at Christmas either if I can recall...must say I don't miss it....Had made arrangements with a Friend months ago to have lunch/drinks in the garden on the 4th of July to celebrate coming out of isolation..well that was soon hit on the head as the weather's crap...relieved really as I just can't be bothered...still wet & chilly here,more like Autumn than Summer
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 08:00 PM

Evening, Arrived in Perth about 5am went straight to bed and slept till midday. Went grocery shopping and took a wet walk with the dog up Kinoull Hill. Son and Daughter coming for the day on Sunday looking forward to seeing them again. Enjoy your W/E everyone.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:16 PM

I'm a bit late getting on tonight. Roxy, thanks for the Janey Godley clip. I hadn't seen that one yet & a laugh before bedtime is good. It has been wet & miserable today. Was out for a wee while but I'm mainly working on my laptop. I get so involved that time passes quickly, too quickly sometimes. Glad you had a safe journey home. It's a long drive. I'm looking forward to lunch or dinner out, but I don't think it will be anytime soon. At least we have England ' testing the water' for us & we can make decisions when the outcome of this has been assessed. Doesn't look like sunshine this weekend but we can always hope. Sleep well.

Page 556 of 754 « First < 56 456 506 546 554 555 556 557 558 566 606 656 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top