Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 10:14 AM

Fly Tipping

Fly tipping has become a nationwide epidemic .
This disgusting practice blights our streets and countryside .
What can be done about it?
( have considered capital punishment , tar and feathering whipping at the carts tail - assuming a cart is available )

However all these things sastifying as they might be are useless if one cannot find the culprits .

How can we find and identify these criminals ?

Fly tipping IS a criminal offence .
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 10:25 AM

Re: Fly Tipping

The sad thing is a lot of it is self inflicted by councils , gone are the days you could simply turn up at the dump on a Sunday morning and throw whatever away .... your not allowed to dump this,, can't dump that ... there's a charge for the other ....can't allow you to bring that vehicle in here .... we can't pick it up until 7 weeks on Thursday and it'll cost you a million pound ..... oh and no bin collections over xmas until 2017 ...
So what pray TELL are people likely too do ????

I'm not saying it's right ,I'm simply saying what councils do 'is wrong'
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 10:27 AM

I agree that councils should make tipping cheaper !
But that doesn't excuse the anti social behaviour of irresponsible people who dump their old fridge settle mattress on someone's else's doorstep thereby coating the innocent householder pain and expense and them nothing !

Perhaps if they were to offer a free collection service once a month it might help the problem .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 10:31 AM

I do agree about the council tips Marmaduke, it's been chaos round here since they changed their opening hours. They used to be open every day but now they close 2 days a week, and won't open till 10 a.m. even then.
There has been no end of complaints.
To make it worse, the tip in the next village has also changed and as well as also shutting for 2 days a week, they also won't take anything that can't be recycled, so any other rubbish is refused.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do agree about the council tips Marmaduke, it's been chaos round here since they changed their opening hours. They used to be open every day but now they close 2 days a week, and won't open till 10 a.m. even then.
There has been no end of complaints.
To make it worse, the tip in the next village has also changed and as well as also shutting for 2 days a week, they also won't take anything that can't be recycled, so any other rubbish is refused.

They take more than enough in council and deliver nothing in return ..... I live in near darkness the street lights are so dim .... the DUMP is never open .... police are something I see on tv series so yes whilst I don't fly tip I can understand why people do
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 10:40 AM

Must be the first time we have agreed on something Marmalade.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

16-12-2016, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Must be the first time we have agreed on something Marmalade.

Shruppppp ,I'm having an off day
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 12:08 PM

Lower tipping fees for trade waste.......skip hire costs are through the roof because of local authority charges..unscrupulous tradespeople and DIY'ers would (possibly) be less likely to fly tip if prices were lowered.

Those caught fly tipping should have their vehicles confiscated until they complete 25 hours of clearing up other fly tippers crap.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-12-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Lower tipping fees for trade waste.......skip hire costs are through the roof because of local authority charges..unscrupulous tradespeople and DIY'ers would (possibly) be less likely to fly tip if prices were lowered.

Those caught fly tipping should have their vehicles confiscated until they complete 25 hours of clearing up other fly tippers crap.

That's a good idea Tpin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
The sad thing is a lot of it is self inflicted by councils , gone are the days you could simply turn up at the dump on a Sunday morning and throw whatever away .... your not allowed to dump this,, can't dump that ... there's a charge for the other ....can't allow you to bring that vehicle in here .... we can't pick it up until 7 weeks on Thursday and it'll cost you a million pound ..... oh and no bin collections over xmas until 2017 ...
So what pray TELL are people likely too do ????

I'm not saying it's right ,I'm simply saying what councils do 'is wrong'
I agree. My local tip wanted to charge me £3 for a length of old plastic waste pipe two feet long because it was 'DIY'. So I took it home, cut it into pieces and stuck it in the rubbish bag. The rubbish bag was then collected and taken to the same place.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top