Join for free
Page 627 of 737 « First < 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 677 727 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 11:34 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The only people I know who go to Glastonbury are over 60!
I don't know anybody who goes or has been to Glastonbury TessA. Must be southerners thing....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't know anybody who goes or has been to Glastonbury TessA. Must be southerners thing....
Well we get enough rain up north Foxy, so we have no need to go to Glastonbury!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that would be interesting to know, Dongle.
I don't remember this sort of thing happening years ago, not to the disgusting extent it is being done lately.
My parents certainly never left stuff on beaches and parks, and neither have I.

It is just teaching their kids it's the normal thing to do.

I was always told to pick up my rubbish and put it in a bin or take it home with me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's because the only people you know are over 60!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-07-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed ..... that'll be the "Glastonbury" generation:

No doubt they support 'plastic free', electric vehicles and BLM.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 02:46 PM

Flies! That's what annoys me.
I like my back door open most of the time, and my kitchen windows too.
But as soon as I sit down, a big bluebottle whizzes past my head and I can't relax until I have either swatted the thing, or got it back out the door.

I even hung a net over the door to try and dissaude them entering, but they still get in.
This morning I cooked some scrambled egg for my oldest dog, and while waiting for it cool enough to give her, 3 buzzing blighters were on it!
They drive me nuts.

I suppose the wasps will be rife next. I hate those with a vengeance. I sup[pose it's because I'm quite nervous of them really.

I bought a smashing little gadget from Lakeland last summer though. It's a battery operated insect catcher tube with a little vacuum in it which sucks flies, wasps, spiders, bees etc up into a tube. Then you just pop the cap on the end and take them outside to release.
No more squashy marks up my windows. It's brilliant and I'd be lost without it now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 02:54 PM

I'm annoyed because I looked on Lakeland with a view of buying the "battery operated insect catcher tube with a little vacuum in it which sucks flies, wasps, spiders, bees etc up into a tube" that Mups described above ......... only to find it's currently not available.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm annoyed because I looked on Lakeland with a view of buying the "battery operated insect catcher tube with a little vacuum in it which sucks flies, wasps, spiders, bees etc up into a tube" that Mups described above ......... only to find it's currently not available.

That's a pity Mags. I expect it's because it's the middle of the Fly season and they've sold lots.

Here is a similar sort of thing, but haven't tried this one myself.
The Lakeland one has a small extension tube you can push on incase the creature is higher up the windows. Very handy for a 'shortie' like me.

https://www.scottsofstow.co.uk/human...SABEgI7hfD_BwE
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:17 PM

Flies! That's what annoys me.
I like my back door open most of the time, and my kitchen windows too.
But as soon as I sit down, a big bluebottle whizzes past my head and I can't relax until I have either swatted the thing, or got it back out the door.
It's true.
They find it easy to get in, then make every effort to get out again usually without success.
You'd think they'd learn, wouldn't you?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 03:22 PM

That's a pity Mags. I expect it's because it's the middle of the Fly season and they've sold lots.

Here is a similar sort of thing, but haven't tried this one myself.
The Lakeland one has a small extension tube you can push on incase the creature is higher up the windows. Very handy for a 'shortie' like me.

https://www.scottsofstow.co.uk/human...SABEgI7hfD_BwE
Thanks Mups, I'll look into that one as well ..... you've given me an idea for a stocking filler for someone

Page 627 of 737 « First < 127 527 577 617 625 626 627 628 629 637 677 727 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top