Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 09:16 PM

Taking OFF To Iceland

After a sweaty five hour drive in 25*C (not really, cos air con is brilliant!) we arrived in Southampton and wasted no time visiting the shops.... There's this massive shopping mall called 'The West Quay' and although Mrs Fox claimed that she can never find what she wants in M&S it didn't stop her coming out with a few items.....

After wandering around for half an hour trying to find the way out, we eventually ended up on the street and found a nice restaurant.

We've got a nice room on the fourth floor overlooking McDonalds....If they keep me awake tonight, I'll knock on the window and wake them up at six in the morning when I go for my run....

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 09:34 PM

Re: Taking OFF To Iceland

Have a fab time Foxy, I hope the weather stays lovely for you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 11:27 PM

It's good to see you in holiday mode already Bob.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Good morning Mags and Lion Queen, up early and ran along the docks for a swift five miler. Noticed the Oriana had berthed during the night and was waiting for us, so after a breakfast of Cornflakes and toast (that's continental for you!) we will leave the car at the cruise parking depot and be taken to the docks to be processed!.....

If all goes according to plan we should set sail at about sixish.
Ship Ahoy!.......
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 09:38 AM

Have only just seen this thread so have a good holiday.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 10:18 AM

Have a great holiday OGF. I wasn't sure at first if you meant Iceland the country or Iceland the shop. Either way, enjoy yourself.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 12:49 PM

Have a great time OGF. Lovely time of year, light 'til midnight and about three hours before sunrise. Hope you've got black out blinds .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 01:13 PM

Almost time to switch from your road legs to your sea legs, Bob

Enjoy yourselves!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-07-2019, 08:26 AM

Thanks guys, I'm somewhere off the coast of Cornwall and just taken out this internet package for the rest of the cruise so that I can keep in touch with you all....It's so expensive so I'll pass the hat round when I return....

The Oriana is the smallest ship in the fleet and the cabins are tiny, It's about the size of a large fishing boat....

Nice ship though with some very nice art deco touches.
Just off up for breakfast now so more later.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks guys, I'm somewhere off the coast of Cornwall and just taken out this internet package for the rest of the cruise so that I can keep in touch with you all....It's so expensive so I'll pass the hat round when I return....

The Oriana is the smallest ship in the fleet and the cabins are tiny, It's about the size of a large fishing boat....

Nice ship though with some very nice art deco touches.
Just off up for breakfast now so more later.....
Holiday breakfast is the best. You just turn up and there it is. Enjoy your day Foxy, you can always do a bit of fishing if you get bored on the journey but watch out for the Great Whites which are circling Cornwall at the moment.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top