Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:45 PM

Car Washes

My car was so filthy, I called in one of those Polish (?) hand car washes on my way home today.

When the lad squirted the high pressure hose on my driving side window, a load of water came in around the window frame, and ran down the inside of the door.

I double checked my window and door was tightly closed, and it was.

So what do you think happened?

Are my door/window seals inadequate?
Might it be the angle he squired from?
Was his pressure hose too strong?

No wet comes in when it rains, just that hose today.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 10:30 PM

Re: Car Washes

Difficult to say Mups but perhaps he got a bit too close with jet wash, the water could have forced the rubber seal up. Probably the top one if you say it doesn't get in when it rains. Have a look and see if any of the rubber seals look worn or if they are loose.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My car was so filthy, I called in one of those Polish (?) hand car washes on my way home today.

When the lad squirted the high pressure hose on my driving side window, a load of water came in around the window frame, and ran down the inside of the door.

I double checked my window and door was tightly closed, and it was.

So what do you think happened?

Are my door/window seals inadequate?
Might it be the angle he squired from?
Was his pressure hose too strong?

No wet comes in when it rains, just that hose today.
THose two I think. The pressure of those things is just too strong for an average seal. I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't use one of those pressure hoses to wash the car. Use buckets or water.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 10:40 PM

I never direct jets of water anywhere on my car Mups, I always hand wash it myself using a gentle spray and brush, then leather off.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top