Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 02:17 PM

Re: £625

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would think so. That's after already having the dead virus put into their body of course and hoping it doesn't come alive again. I understand that viruses are dead anyway until they find a body to live in.
You're confusing active and passive immunisation. In active immunisation weakened (not dead) virus is injected. Your immune system produces antibodies that can kill the virus since it is weakened. The antibodies remain in your blood and your immune system "remembers" the virus. A second infection, by fully alive virus, can be beaten.
In passive immunisation antibodies produced by humans or animals are injected in your blood. They remain there for a certain time. (tetanus vaccin lasts approx. 7 years). When you are infected by the virus the injected antibodies kill it and you don't get sick.

The statement that a virus is not alive is induced by the fact that the definition of live is 'able to reproduce'. A virus is not reproducing by its own, it needs a cell's replicating system for that.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Surely after the vaccine you have to be exposed to the C V to see if it works?
That's why volunteers must be healthy.
They are injected with the vaccin. A few days later the virus is injected.
If the volunteer doesn't develop symptoms, the vaccin is working.
If he does develop symptoms, the vaccin isn't working. In that case the volunteer must healthy and strong enough to be able to survive. Otherwise your are a killer who murdered the volunteer with an injection.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

23-04-2020, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know about that Foxy, because people can have the flu but it doesn't make them immune to it next winter as well.
The flu virus mutates quickly. Next years virus is a mutated form of this years virus, or one of the previous years. A vaccin developed against this years virus will not protect you against the mutated form.
Corona virusses are notorious for the ability to mutate. So a vaccin made against covid-19 will be of limited use against covid-20, that will go around next year.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You're confusing active and passive immunisation. In active immunisation weakened (not dead) virus is injected. Your immune system produces antibodies that can kill the virus since it is weakened. The antibodies remain in your blood and your immune system "remembers" the virus. A second infection, by fully alive virus, can be beaten.
In passive immunisation antibodies produced by humans or animals are injected in your blood. They remain there for a certain time. (tetanus vaccin lasts approx. 7 years). When you are infected by the virus the injected antibodies kill it and you don't get sick.

The statement that a virus is not alive is induced by the fact that the definition of live is 'able to reproduce'. A virus is not reproducing by its own, it needs a cell's replicating system for that.
Thanks for that Solasch, you said it better than I ever could....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think he has pulled pork.
go todger go
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
That's why volunteers must be healthy.
They are injected with the vaccin. A few days later the virus is injected.
If the volunteer doesn't develop symptoms, the vaccin is working.
If he does develop symptoms, the vaccin isn't working. In that case the volunteer must healthy and strong enough to be able to survive. Otherwise your are a killer who murdered the volunteer with an injection.
Thank you Solasch I thought as much .
I wont be volunteering .
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 10:59 PM

£625 is no where near enough considering the high risks that are involved. It takes years of laboratory testing on lab mice to produce a working vaccine but with regards to this testing, they are going straight to humans because the world can not wait years for an effective vaccine to be developed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Would you volunteer for that money to trial the new vaccine ?
Not even if you added three or four noughts!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not even if you added three or four noughts!
Me neither.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 07:25 AM

Oh no I would not offer myself no matter the money .

I have something niggling in the back of my mind so am hoping one of you can enlighten me

I believe it was in the 1950s or earlier . Volunteers were asked to help with some form of testing using injections , about 6 people applied , the testing was filmed and after the first injections or inoculations the volunteers got really sick but the scientists kept injecting and a few died . Their deaths were dreadful and those few who survived suffered afterwards . Does anyone remember this or am I deluded and maybe made it up !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top