Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 08:45 PM

Re: What Will You Do As the Lockdown Ends?

Get some radiator paint.

I painted the hall and lounge, all except the rads. Being impatient by nature, I want it NOW. It's bugging me
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 08:47 PM

IMO, "lockdown" won't suddenly end - it'll be eased off in steps and the repercussions assessed.

For example, getting children back to school, where social distancing can be implemented, might seem like a good idea but, in many areas, children overload public transport, including trains, at peak times ..... they will be unable to maintain social distancing .....

More buses/trains, staggered start/finish times, a shift rota .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 09:31 PM

I'll probably let the first day back sink in before I venture out.

We're in our 6th week of isolation so it's beginning to feel quite norm to us now. We're just so pleased we've had good weather lately and have been able to spend a lot of time in the garden.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Get some radiator paint.

I painted the hall and lounge, all except the rads. Being impatient by nature, I want it NOW. It's bugging me
They are already reopening B&Q stores if you have one near you could get paint there?

I will take it slowly, but the moment they say car boots are on I'll be off like a shot.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2020, 03:39 PM

The lock-down here is going to end long before the mortal danger passes. I intend to self isolate until it is safe to go out, regardless of what my governor says.

Better to be locked down in my home an yard than in a box, six feet under.

Over here, we have gotten bored with the first wave of the virus, so we are going to cause a bigger and better second wave. it is part of Keeping America Great.
dej
New Member!
Cambridge UK
dej is female 

28-04-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Get a haircut.
Ohh me too !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 06:05 PM

Oh brother I have another 12 pictures to do .
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:20 PM

I dont have any confidence in the powers that be so I wont be going out till I feel its safe, either that or my pleading letter to NASA for a full space suit and helmet comes off.

When it is safe I plan to go and drink champagne on the top of Glastonbury Tor like I had booked to do on New Years Eve until my daughter pleaded with me to stay at hers dog sitting while she and boyfriend went abroad to celebrate. Luckily I got my money back when I cancelled.

I know it wont be New Year but I feel I need to restart the year anyway.
Then again the way things are going it could well be New Year by the time this all ends.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:24 PM

The first thing I will do is hug my Dad. We show our affection by elbows but it just isn't the same. Then I will go hug the rest of my family. Next is going for a meal with my friends for a catch up and many hugs.

I've found not being able to hug very hard as I'm a serial hugger and well known for it.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 09:23 PM

The Range is open - at least it is here. So is B&Q if you want paint.

Not sure about hugging after lockdown................

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top