Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 04:25 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Risk in UK lockdown easing too soon, warn scientists

It sounds like some folk think today is Monday and that if you stand 6' apart you have to shout.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I wonder if the Nightingales will be counted as new hospitals Boris said he was going to build.
It seems a bit odd that seriously ill virus patients weren't sent to them from the start whether they needed vetilators or not, seeing as they were specially equiped and built to separate each patient etc.

Are they real?
Yes l think that too Tessa, very strange that they were hardly
used??
Maybe they had no staff for them??? I think they were equipped
to hadle ventilators etc?
They were definitely fitted out for oxygen!!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 05:18 PM

Believe sending children back to school could be delayed until September. Continue to follow advice makes sense if you think it the best option for you.

Some parents must be extremely nervous and will they be fined if they do not send their children back.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 05:48 PM

Hi

Lockdown has effectively ceased here.

Traffic is much heavier and groups of teenagers together.

It is a great shame.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
But, if we get hundreds of tourists descending on us that could send the low amount of cases souring, not good.
Indeed ..... it's already happening:

Outcry as anti-social lockdown flouters crowd Exeter Quay

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon...outers-4177780

Naked swimmers, abuse, harassment and people urinating in public have been reported

Increasing levels of anti-social behaviour on The Quay at Exeter have been reported by one of the pubs in the area which has been forced to close its takeaway service.

It comes as the South West's reproduction rate is reported to be the highest in the UK.

The popular Prospect Inn announced 'WE ARE DONE' and reported: "The anti-social behaviour on the Quay worsens day by day, but tonight was the final straw: abuse, harassment, urination and public nudity."

The pub is now looking for a contractor to erect fencing to stop its entrance being used as a public toilet.
I've no doubt that tourists are doing their best to spread human waste, personal refuse and disease at all "beauty spots" over the weekend .....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Outcry as anti-social lockdown flouters crowd Exeter Quay

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon...outers-4177780

I've no doubt that tourists are doing their best to spread human waste, personal refuse and disease at all "beauty spots" over the weekend .....
I won't be going near any beauty spots/ tourist places or beaches for a very long time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 10:34 PM

Hi

The breaches of Lockdown.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52864454
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Believe sending children back to school could be delayed until September. Continue to follow advice makes sense if you think it the best option for you.

Some parents must be extremely nervous and will they be fined if they do not send their children back.
I wonder how that will work out because I have been told teaching unions are firmly advising teachers not to go into work yet.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Driving past the local park today I noticed it was covered in rubbish. Perhaps the bins are overflowing with the sudden crowds.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 01:03 AM

Southend beach had thousands of visitors on Wednesday

Coronavirus: Resort locals 'shocked and angry' at beach crowds

Tony Cox, leader of the Conservative opposition group on Southend Borough Council, said the authority had been "ill-prepared" and that better "people management" would allow them the space to distance.

But Labour council leader Ian Gilbert said the police and council did not have the powers to stop people coming to the area.

"From the moment the government guidelines allowed people to travel, sunbathe and take unlimited exercise we knew it was going to be extremely difficult to manage the situation," he said.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top