Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 02:39 PM

Re: No 2nd Wave as European Schools Re-Open

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It isn't a shambles at all. My 10 year old is in school now and has been going there ever since this started as Mrs Bread is a key worker for the NHS.

I can't remember how many times I've posted about other countries dodgy reporting, and as luck would have it here is a report on Guido saying pretty much the same thing. The government has already published the statistics on risks according to age, ethnic background etc. I suggest you might want to read them.

https://order-order.com/2020/06/04/n...ishes-honesty/
That was a different arrangement for a small number of children.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I'm not bothered, mate - I hadn't thought about bloggers until you brought one up .....

Perhaps you would prefer the data from the Guardian then.

Have a look at the mortality rate for the under 50's.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...its-data-shows
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 03:41 PM

It is, but I thought I would correct you along the way when you and Annie disagree with facts from right wing blogs, by posting the same figures from the Guardian instead.

Nice swerve though
erm, I haven't read the blog. My SiL's a teacher and they are being firmly advised by their union that they should not go back. I am not sure whether that's changed now but it was the position at the weekend.

I don't see that point given the problems in setting up schools and given it's only a month until they break for summer. You haven't addressed that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
erm, I haven't read the blog. My SiL's a teacher and they are being firmly advised by their union that they should not go back. I am not sure whether that's changed now but it was the position at the weekend.

I don't see that point given the problems in setting up schools and given it's only a month until they break for summer. You haven't addressed that.

Unions are never there for children's welfare or education. Suddenly they are experts on health. Kids need to see their classmates and have a routine or they develop mental health problems such as depression and anxiety. Even a week is enough and totally in their interests but the unions and militant lefties only want to protest against the government. Its perfectly OK for everyone else though.

My sister is a teacher in s school and she says the same as me. She's been at work with key workers kids since the start of this and been fine, the same as the other teachers there.

For the 800,000 vulnerable kids, in this country, denying them a break from abusive and dysfunctional parents is a tragedy in itself.

Kids want to go back to school and giving them a week before the holidays is exactly what they need, its even more reason to send them to school or they will have another 6 weeks of isolation
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 06:56 PM

At least 26 teachers have died from Covid-19

https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus...-died-covid-19

12 May 2020

At least 26 teachers in England and Wales have died from coronavirus in the space of just six weeks, new data shows.

The total does not include those who are 65 and over and so could be higher.

But between 9 March and 20 April, a minimum of 65 staff working in the education sector died after contracting the virus – more than two dozen of whom were nursery, primary, secondary, or special school teachers, according to figures published yesterday by the Office of National Statistics (ONS).

This equates to an average of four teachers dying with coronavirus each week. However the data does not specify when each death was recorded – so the true weekly total is not known.
The figures are old and, of course, that was while schools were technically closed .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 07:19 PM

Perhaps Ian Lavery was right and the unions and the left could use the pandemic to their political advantage
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 07:22 PM

At least 26 teachers have died from Covid-19

https://www.tes.com/news/coronavirus...-died-covid-19

12 May 2020

The figures are old and, of course, that was while shools were technically closed .....

These are teachers that ill put money, on had existing health conditions and would have died even they were working somewhere else at the time. There are measures in place for this now and clear guidelines

Even that article questions its own figures
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 07:40 PM

Older family members are supposed to be social distancing anyway.

And for those families who have a grandparent living with them?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:02 PM

These are teachers that ill put money, on had existing health conditions and would have died even they were working somewhere else at the time. There are measures in place for this now and clear guidelines
How much money .....

£50, £100, £1,000 .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 08:17 PM

How much money .....

£50, £100, £1,000 .....

Ok £50 says those 26 teachers who died of covid 19 had underlying health problems.

Now give me the proof.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top