Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 09:50 PM

Re: No 2nd Wave as European Schools Re-Open

How many teachers are there in the UK?
I reckon that at least 26 teachers would have died in six weeks despite the virus...I honestly think that Covid has been attributed to deaths where Covid wasn't the reason...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Unions are never there for children's welfare or education. Suddenly they are experts on health. Kids need to see their classmates and have a routine or they develop mental health problems such as depression and anxiety. Even a week is enough and totally in their interests but the unions and militant lefties only want to protest against the government. Its perfectly OK for everyone else though.

My sister is a teacher in s school and she says the same as me. She's been at work with key workers kids since the start of this and been fine, the same as the other teachers there.

For the 800,000 vulnerable kids, in this country, denying them a break from abusive and dysfunctional parents is a tragedy in itself.

Kids want to go back to school and giving them a week before the holidays is exactly what they need, its even more reason to send them to school or they will have another 6 weeks of isolation

Why would unions be there for the children? Why should teachers have to deal with the problems that society ignores? Since when are schools meant to be a refuge from parental neglect & abuse. It's the stuff teachers have been complaining about for decades. Parents should take responsibility for their children. Social services should be picking up where they don't. Instead teachers are dumped on and blamed because such services have been underfunded and run down by the tories for years.

I've no idea why this is such a big deal when it's just for a few weeks and they then go off for summer hols. It's just a whole heap of pointless disruption for the kids. They will go into a weird situation, instead of going back to a hopefully more stable and familiar environment in Autumn.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why would unions be there for the children? Why should teachers have to deal with the problems that society ignores? Since when are schools meant to be a refuge from parental neglect & abuse. It's the stuff teachers have been complaining about for decades. Parents should take responsibility for their children. Social services should be picking up where they don't. Instead teachers are dumped on and blamed because such services have been underfunded and run down by the tories for years.

I've no idea why this is such a big deal when it's just for a few weeks and they then go off for summer hols. It's just a whole heap of pointless disruption for the kids. They will go into a weird situation, instead of going back to a hopefully more stable and familiar environment in Autumn.
It is a big deal because kids need school and need to have routine and friends.

Do you have kids Annie ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 12:35 AM

These are teachers that ill put money, on had existing health conditions and would have died even they were working somewhere else at the time. There are measures in place for this now and clear guidelines

Even that article questions its own figures
Ok £50 says those 26 teachers who died of covid 19 had underlying health problems.

Now give me the proof.
Erm .... do you understand betting .....

You've made the assertion - I've contested it - it's up to YOU to prove it .....

If you can't, then you owe me £50 .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How many teachers are there in the UK?
I reckon that at least 26 teachers would have died in six weeks despite the virus...I honestly think that Covid has been attributed to deaths where Covid wasn't the reason...
"reckon" is, of course, a well-known and widely-accepted method of statistical analysis .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 06:46 AM

Hi

We do not have an effective Track and Trace.

We are not checking temperatures of pupils on entry.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Erm .... do you understand betting .....

You've made the assertion - I've contested it - it's up to YOU to prove it .....

If you can't, then you owe me £50 .....

You don't have any proof

You can't back up your claim

You owe me £50.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
"reckon" is, of course, a well-known and widely-accepted method of statistical analysis .....
Ha! ha! Fair point Omah.....
But with the deviations and questionable accuracy of official figures (Depending on where you get them from) and the fact that in a country of over 68 million souls we are trying to work out a picture of where, how many, and whom, from just a few thousand daily tests, 'Reckon' is about as close as it gets Omah...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top