Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 01:46 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Face coverings to be mandatory on public transport

Originally Posted by Omah ->
They may have done something right ..... but usually too little, too late ..... and now the relaxation of "rules" may yet bring a "second wave" .....
There will be a second wave, but as long as the R rate doesn't go above 1 we should be OK.

Dominic Cummings was proposing that the lockdown should have been a week earlier, I think we both agree with Cummings and that he was right
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 07:21 PM

Free face masks on London transport

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52933840

Volunteers from Transport for London (TfL) and the Greater London Authority will distribute masks from Monday.

More than a million will be handed out at Tube and bus stations that had the highest number of customers during lockdown, TfL said.

The face coverings will be available at stations including Seven Sisters, Brixton, Stratford, Baker Street and Paddington stations as part of a pilot scheme funded by TfL.

TfL estimates that between 30-50% of customers on public transport already wear face coverings.

A spokesperson for TfL said the average cost for a mask was 27p.
Now that's good idea ..... but maybe expensive to maintain in the long term .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 07:25 PM

I'd be worried about the contamination risk....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2020, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Out of curiosity ... I've got to ask you guys.

Is there anything that you think Boris and his government have done right?
The furlough scheme, the introduction of the lockdown itself was managed well (albeit 2 weeks too late), the daily briefings, getting the army on board, the Queen (presumably this was agreed during her "chats" with Boris).

It's just the last month that things have gone badly and I strongly disagreed with the stance on masks from the start so incredibly unimpressed that it's only now that we have a directive on that. It went downhill when Boris got sick.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The furlough scheme, the introduction of the lockdown itself was managed well (albeit 2 weeks too late), the daily briefings, getting the army on board, the Queen (presumably this was agreed during her "chats" with Boris).

It's just the last month that things have gone badly and I strongly disagreed with the stance on masks from the start so incredibly unimpressed that it's only now that we have a directive on that. It went downhill when Boris got sick.
I cant believe what l am hearing Annie?
Are you well?

Donkyman! 😁😁
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

07-06-2020, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I cant believe what l am hearing Annie?
Are you well?

Donkyman! 😁😁
haha! You think I maybe have a serious case of BS?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top