Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 07:21 AM

Re: UK passes 40,000 coronavirus deaths

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I think that you are right Spitty.
I have to say I don’t know anyone who has had it .

The local bowls club think they may have had it in December as several had bad coughs and fever but as it wasn’t an issue then they don’t know ..

Apparently there is a resurgence of it in my area -the SW but everyone I know is social distrancing . Except in Waitrose whose customers may be posh but are thick as two short planks . None appear to know what two metres is and social distancing in the shop seems beyond them .

I have been obliged of late to tell people off - people of my own age too . Stupid older people who should know better.
That sounds as if you may be a Michael McIntyre fan:

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 07:46 AM

I love this .
And I do it too!
A Waitrose snob !
Our trollies are free we don’t dump them in the local park down here !
It’s blooming expensive though so I do Tesco as well even although I don’t agree in principle with their ethos
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 07:54 AM

I love this .
And I do it too!
A Waitrose snob !
It’s blooming expensive though so I do Tesco as well even although I don’t agree in principle with their ethos
With Waitrose you do get quality fruit and veg. for which the price has to be paid. Tesco is far cheaper but I reckon you get what you pay for, often not very fresh produce. Lately though, since this coronavirus lockdown, I have found the closer local Aldi has far fresher fruit and veg. and is even cheaper than Tesco too. This is probably due to their quick turnaround of produce.

It's also very noticeable the large Range Rovers, BMWs, SUVs and Jaguars that are parked in the Aldi car park! Maybe that is saying something about value for money too!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 11:45 AM

Some of the fruit and veg in Aldi and Lidl is better quality than Waitrose. I use waitrose to buy things you can't buy elsewhere. Such as whole allspice or gruyere cheese for a recipe. But for regular food they are just a rip off. Waitrose veg section drives me nuts as they don't seem to organise the products so that you can find what you want. If I want quality I'd rather go to M&S where the staff are more polite & chatty, and the shoppers are less rude, pushy and entitled. I've also seen a security guard roughly manhandle an over sixties female shoplifter a fraction of his size. Tesco is the other shop where I've seen violence by security guards. I'd be worried stepping into either while the virus is circulating and I'm never doing another tesco food order. But I was thinking M&S might be a better bet. Has anyone been? If only they delivered.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 11:54 AM

I have never thank goodness seen this Annie do you shop in a rough area?
Baz46

06-06-2020, 12:06 PM

After digressing and going off topic somewhat in my recent posts, apologies for that, I checked up on the latest about coronavirus. I had not seen much about it as I had deliberately avoided watching the news the last few days as it was getting too depressing. Found this, the latest on You Tube. I couldn't believe the figures, they are really appalling and hardly believable, see below if anyone else might also have missed it:

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 03:33 PM

Hi

Even the Daily Mail are having a go at Boris.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ders-rows.html

It is not good what has happened and is still happening here.

Track and Trace, world beating , is not in place, no more weekend briefings and Ministers doing Briefings without the Scientific Advisers.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 03:46 PM

I have never thank goodness seen this Annie do you shop in a rough area?
I don't think I've ever come across a Waitrose in a rough area.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If I want quality I'd rather go to M&S where the staff are more polite & chatty, and the shoppers are less rude, pushy and entitled. I've also seen a security guard roughly manhandle an over sixties female shoplifter a fraction of his size. Tesco is the other shop where I've seen violence by security guards. I'd be worried stepping into either while the virus is circulating and I'm never doing another tesco food order. But I was thinking M&S might be a better bet. Has anyone been? If only they delivered.
I agree M&S staff are very polite and chatty. As for Tesco security, I've never witnessed any violence directed towards any INNOCENT member of the public but I have seen one trip a shoplifter once. M&S DO deliver round here. In fact, they signed an agreement with Ocado a few months ago to increase the delivery slots available to their customers.

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
After digressing and going off topic somewhat in my recent posts, apologies for that, I checked up on the latest about coronavirus. I had not seen much about it as I had deliberately avoided watching the news the last few days as it was getting too depressing. Found this, the latest on You Tube. I couldn't believe the figures, they are really appalling and hardly believable, see below if anyone else might also have missed it
Could it be that we're the only country that's telling it as it truly is and not massaging the numbers?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Could it be that we're the only country that's telling it as it truly is and not massaging the numbers?
NO country is "telling it as it truly is" .....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top