Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 05:26 PM

Re: UK passes 40,000 coronavirus deaths

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I agree M&S staff are very polite and chatty. As for Tesco security, I've never witnessed any violence directed towards any INNOCENT member of the public but I have seen one trip a shoplifter once. M&S DO deliver round here. In fact, they signed an agreement with Ocado a few months ago to increase the delivery slots available to their customers.
Ooh thanks for the M&S info! I knew they were discussing a deal with Ocado but thought it hadn't yet gone live. I'd rather give my custom to M&S as they make such an effort with customer service and quality. I hope they survive covid.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They didn't have antibiotics in those days and I thought the main cause of death was pneumonia, but 218k isn't too bad considering they were so much more primitive in their healthcare. Just goes to show how good the individual care must have been. I can't understand why our death rate is so high when we have some state of the art facilities.
State of the art facilities??? You must live on a different planet to me!!!! Our NHS - once the envy of the world - has been underfunded and depleted for very very many years by conservative governments.

The whole covid battle has been designed around the NHS - because it has become so frail, ill-equipped and underfunded. Remember Boris at the start talking about waves? He wanted to control the numbers getting the virus so the NHS could cope and wouldn't be overwelmed. Once the first wave was dealt with..........he'd allow more people out of the net to become infected in a second wave..........and all because he didn't follow WHO recommendations to prepare in advance!

The Nightingale hospitals were a fail-safe AND a great PR stunt.............they were never fully equipped for Covid cases, so were never fully utilised. The costs for all this PR stuff...........are going to come back and bite us where it hurts......... we will be repaying the costs ++++££££ for Tory high-jinks for many years.

The IOW Council have already stated their budget now has a £10M deficit which MUST be repaid by residents......... no doubt that includes the cocktail party attended by our useless MP - the lesser spotted Seely - who has enjoyed press coverage by admitting to his "mistake" and confessing he ate half a sausage (pathetic man!). I already have two Freedom of Information Requests for further details on so-called budget deficit AND additional expenditure to meet the 8% salary increase voted in by the Conservative Council here!

NOW is the time to raise your questions and get the answers..........
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2020, 11:08 PM

Compared to 1918 we have state of the art facilities. They could only dream of heart surgery, cancer treatment, antibiotics, even antiseptic was hard to come by. Not like they had elastoplast, tcp, paracetamol, aspirin, vaccines (what were they?!), the operating theatre meant being knocked out with some ether or just knocked out with a brandy bottle, no dentistry, not even safe maternity care. So we can look back at wonder at the fact that more didn't die during the Spanish flu IMO.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top