Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 01:43 AM

Re: UK - Japan Trade Negotiations Start

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You'll get trade deals a lot quicker too once you get rid of national vetoes

I reckon October will be about right.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You started a bonfire? Why? To burn all bridges behind you?
Hi

Nope, that was not our intention at all. we where and still are all in favour of the Common Market.

That was a benefit to all.

If the EU returned to the Common Market we would still be a member, Brexit would not have happened.

What is not going to happen is a takeover by France and Germany for their own ends.

Merkel unilaterally opening the borders was the last straw.

Do not blame the UK, blame Merkel.

You can also blame Macron and Co.

The Common Agricultural Policy is solely designed to protect the French way of life.

Not everyone who voted for Brexit are little Englanders.

Many, like me, where genuinely sorry about leaving,

We had no choice however, we had to leave.

That was not our decision, it was yours.

Instead of throwing insults at the UK the EU needs to take a long hard look at itself.

I could not give a damn about Free Movement or our Payments.

I will not however be ruled by others who I cannot vote for.

When people like me decide enough is enough that is that.

We are leaving at the end of this year.

We will take the hit, we will not be blackmailed.

My Polish Lodgers are gone, costing me money.

It is also costing us £20k a year in Tax Revenues.

So what?

It is a price worth paying.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 09:42 AM

Do You really think that someone forced You out? At least nearly 50% did not think to be forced to leave. I can understand that You do not want to obey rules, someone in this forum mentioned that it is common for UK people. That is completely fine.

It is great that You decided no longer to accept the conditions of the membership. I fail to see how it was not voluntarily. If You really had been forced out I reckon that the percentage of leavers would have been much higher.

Anyway now everything turns out acceptable or fine for all.
UK will have a great trading future (according to B.Johnson), will take back control, will unleash potential, will have a much better NHS.

With such a bright future no bad feelings towards the EU are neccessary, don't You agree?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Do You really think that someone forced You out? At least nearly 50% did not think to be forced to leave. I can understand that You do not want to obey rules, someone in this forum mentioned that it is common for UK people. That is completely fine.

It is great that You decided no longer to accept the conditions of the membership. I fail to see how it was not voluntarily. If You really had been forced out I reckon that the percentage of leavers would have been much higher.

UK will have a great trading future (according to B.Johnson), will take back control, will unleash potential, will have a much better NHS.

With such a bright future no bad feelings towards the EU are neccessary, don't You agree?
The EU is of no benefit to anybody anymore especially Germany who will have to take up the slack when the UK money stops....So how about leaving too Number thingy, and together we can rule the world......Our brains and your Braun!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 10:56 AM

Under the 1972 Communites Act I would love to hear any other country that followed "the rules" more than we did.

As it turns out, the UK have no problem in following rules, as long as they are our rules, made by our government and not someone else's. Especially when they come from unelected career politicians in the EU Commission. In fact, in a lot of areas, the EU rules are far inferior to what we have here, such as workers rights, human rights etc etc.

The UK benefits the least from the single market rules - even though we are a nett contributor financially and a nett contributor for defence, security, finance, education etc etc etc. So why on earth would be pay for some "rules" only other countries have the benefit of ?

That 50% you mention as well is also very misleading. If you look outside London it was almost every constituency voting to leave the EU. So don't think this was marginal, it wasn't at all - over 1 million more people voted to leave the EU than voted to stay in. Then look at the 2019 election which was won by 80 seats on a mandate to "Get Brexit Done".

The figures for leading the EU in France, Italy, Sweden, Denmark to name a few, show a wider majority for leaving as well.
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The EU is of no benefit to anybody anymore especially Germany who will have to take up the slack when the UK money stops....So how about leaving too Number thingy, and together we can rule the world......Our brains and your Braun!
On the contrary, things in and about the EU are not as simple as You think. Some members benefit more than others. Pity that You cannot see benefits for some members.

The German public will probably never have the offer of a referendum concerning EU-exit. And I think that is wise. German population does not entirely consist of mega-minds and decisions of that magnitute should not be made by our public.

Germany will never leave the EU. We will be the last if somewhere in the future the EU will fall apart. That is okay.

About Your "offer": I do not think that the world needs *one* nation to rule it. Far form it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:34 AM

On the contrary, things in and about the EU are not as simple as You think. Some members benefit more than others. Pity that You cannot see benefits for some members.

The German public will probably never have the offer of a referendum concerning EU-exit. And I think that is wise. German population does not entirely consist of mega-minds and decisions of that magnitute should not be made by our public.

Germany will never leave the EU. We will be the last if somewhere in the future the EU will fall apart. That is okay.

About Your "offer": I do not think that the world needs *one* nation to rule it. Far form it.
Germany won't leave the EU because Germany is the EU.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 11:42 AM

Isn't that what the EU wants to do number thingy....Make one big superstate?
And do the CEO's of Germany's big industries feel the same way as you about the EU?
Especially if business starts to decline due to the actions of the EU.....The people with the wealth will always have the last say number thingy....
Germany

11-06-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Germany won't leave the EU because Germany is the EU.
I see. Your hatred towards Germany is too big to be cured.
Sorry, I wished the Germans had been better people seventy years ago.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-06-2020, 12:04 PM

I see. Your hatred towards Germany is too big to be cured.
Sorry, I wished the Germans had been better people seventy years ago.
I don't mind the Germans, I'm probably descended from them and I don't harbour any grudge against them whatsoever.
The average German did what they thought was right at the time, spurred on by a very influential leader.

I've met several Germans while on holiday in various locations and found them to be very polite and friendly. Our countries are just products of whoever is in charge at the time, and usually bears no resemblance to the attitudes and struggles of the common working class residents, which sometimes are very surprisingly similar to our own....

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top