Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 12:08 PM

Re: UK - Japan Trade Negotiations Start

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
I see. Your hatred towards Germany is too big to be cured.
Sorry, I wished the Germans had been better people seventy years ago.

I don't hate Germany at all. A lot of my friends are German and I lived their for a while
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't mind the Germans, I'm probably descended from them and I don't harbour any grudge against them whatsoever.
The average German did what they thought was right at the time, spurred on by a very influential leader.

I've met several Germans while on holiday in various locations and found them to be very polite and friendly. Our countries are just products of whoever is in charge at the time, and usually bears no resemblance to the attitudes and struggles of the common working class residents, which sometimes are very surprisingly similar to our own....
Hey, good to know that there is at least one British who does not hate the Germans...

Do You know the saying:

"The British are too polite to be honest and the Germans are too honest to be polite"?

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 01:54 PM

Isn't that what the EU wants to do number thingy....Make one big superstate?
And do the CEO's of Germany's big industries feel the same way as you about the EU?
Especially if business starts to decline due to the actions of the EU.....The people with the wealth will always have the last say number thingy....
OGF, thingy is just a songtitle, by prince. Look up the songtext and perhaps you discern the reason he chose that pseudonym.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 02:13 PM

Isn't that what the EU wants to do number thingy....Make one big superstate?
And do the CEO's of Germany's big industries feel the same way as you about the EU?
Especially if business starts to decline due to the actions of the EU.....The people with the wealth will always have the last say number thingy....
I don't know about the ceo's, but the owners of german's big industries could well be the same as the the owners of jlr, RR, airbus, toyota, nissan, the industries that are big in the UK. The EU is just one way to keep the people distracted.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I don't know about the ceo's, but the owners of german's big industries could well be the same as the the owners of jlr, RR, airbus, toyota, nissan, the industries that are big in the UK. The EU is just one way to keep the people distracted.
Distracted from what ? Everyone knows the EU plan to remove national identities in favour of one big German superstate with borderless member states.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-06-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Distracted from what ? Everyone knows the EU plan to remove national identities in favour of one big German superstate with borderless member states.
Distracted from what is really going on. Who has the real power, who owns you and me? It is not the EU, nor the UK. Bilderberg?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2020, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
A good start mentioning the past, the Japanese have a great respect for history.
Thomas Blake Glover
Another interesting and almost forgotten character from our past dealings with Japan. He seemed to sail pretty close to the wind at times.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/20.../#.XuJB2kVKjIU
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-06-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Thomas Blake Glover
Another interesting and almost forgotten character from our past dealings with Japan. He seemed to sail pretty close to the wind at times.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/20.../#.XuJB2kVKjIU
Weren't the dutch the first to ever to receive official permission to trade with japan?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

11-06-2020, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Weren't the dutch the first to ever to receive official permission to trade with japan?
did they want to buy your funny little wooden shoes?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-06-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
did they want to buy your funny little wooden shoes?
No, they had their own brand already. Have you noticed the japanese never wear wellingtons?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top