Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:23 PM

Re: Mini stroke

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Both episodes were TIA's,I'm currently on aspirin but thats to be changed,can't remember its name now,all to be covered in a letter which the Dr was writing up today,to my doctor and myself,lots of further test's including heart monitor, statins to reduce blood pressure and measure cholesterol.

The brain scan came back ok,its a warning so a bit of a rethink on my life.
Caricature, I am pleased that your brain scan was ok , but you are right & you do need to make some changes to your life.
Ask lots of questions on how you should change and what effect it is likely to have. I always ask questions & find it is good to know what is happening....it also makes it easier to stick to that changes!
Hope all goes well!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 03:17 PM

Both episodes were TIA's,I'm currently on aspirin but thats to be changed,can't remember its name now,all to be covered in a letter which the Dr was writing up today,to my doctor and myself,lots of further test's including heart monitor, statins to reduce blood pressure and measure cholesterol.

Hi Caricature it could be worse, better to be forwarned with a TIA than to get a full blown stroke.
I guess you may be put on anticoagulants, I have been taking them for 3 years with no problems .

Remember what I said earlier about checking your pulse regularly, so many older people had heart irregularities and don't realise until they have a TA or stroke then it can be too late.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 03:27 PM

A bit of a shock for you Tiger ... but you've beaten worse and now you know what's going on you can deal with it.

A warning, worrying as it is, was better than no warning at all.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:20 AM

Not hanging around, going in Monday 13th for heart test,then wear a monitor for 7 days.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:23 AM

As an-aside,I'm using public transport,it cost me £2:80 for a return,28 miles in all,I can't drive there for that and if you were to facture in parking which at the moment is free, its £1:80 for up to two hours.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 10:52 AM

It’s good that you are getting tests done. I’m glad you recovered from this. Hopefully it’s smoother sailing going forward
caricature
Devon,England.

03-07-2020, 08:01 PM

Clopidogrel is the new tablet.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 08:06 PM

Yes, caricature, TIA’s are warnings. I have known lots of people who have had them and they’ve lived a long time.
Just follow the medical advice, take the medication and you’ll probably outlive the rest of us!
caricature
Devon,England.

03-07-2020, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, caricature, TIA’s are warnings. I have known lots of people who have had them and they’ve lived a long time.
Just follow the medical advice, take the medication and you’ll probably outlive the rest of us!
I intend to live forever, so far so good.
caricature
Devon,England.

05-09-2020, 10:44 AM

Just an update,back to work full time,but no more night's I requested, neigh almost demanded after 45 yrs I'm not doing anymore.
Medicines all sorted and healthy diet with very little saturated fats and salt.
Feeling good.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top