Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 03:40 PM

Re: EU Confirm End of Transition End if December 2020

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Let me spell it out.

CALAIS is where the border will be frustrated so anything coming INTO THE UK from CALAIS destined for IRELAND will be shafted by YOUR OWN EU head bangers.

Get it ?
What's to stop our traffic police from pulling over trucks bound for the RoI (and I don't mean in the vicinity of Dover or Folkestone, somewhere, say, 100 miles away?) and checking with the drivers that:
a) their tacographs are working correctly,
b) they haven't been drinking alcohol,
c) they haven't stopped for a "toilet break" in a lay by,
d) the vehicle is in tip-top mechanical condition,
e) there aren't any "refugees" secreted away somewhere on board.

A few months of 3 or 4 hour delays like that and I think France would stop any problems at Calais.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
What's to stop our traffic police from pulling over trucks bound for the RoI (and I don't mean in the vicinity of Dover or Folkestone, somewhere, say, 100 miles away?) and checking with the drivers that:

A few months of 3 or 4 hour delays like that and I think France would stop any problems at Calais.
Nothing, but then it will be UK headbangers, and not as bread stated our own EU headbangers. And bread was correct in stating that such actions as you describe are punishable under british law
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 03:46 PM

Great point Percy.

My friend is a class 1 driver and if he goes over on his tacho he could face a prison sentence. If an EU lorry goes over the police just pull them to one side and tell them to take a break for a while.

It's disgusting

The laws for UK drivers will now apply to EU drivers and if they drive on our roads without insurance or disobeying our laws they will be stopped at the border and fined very heavily and only allowed into the UK once fines are paid and cleared. Other than that, we will bang them up like we do our own drivers.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 03:53 PM

Great point Percy.

My friend is a class 1 driver and if he goes over on his tacho he could face a prison sentence. If an EU lorry goes over the police just pull them to one side and tell them to take a break for a while.
It seems your police understands the feelings of the irish if they try to pull a stunt on their goods, like the one percy described.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 04:03 PM

Great point Percy.

It's disgusting

The laws for UK drivers will now apply to EU drivers and if they drive on our roads without insurance or disobeying our laws they will be stopped at the border and fined very heavily and only allowed into the UK once fines are paid and cleared. Other than that, we will bang them up like we do our own drivers.
Thanks, Bread. V and I used to travel up and down the M6 a lot before I retired to visit her parents. On one return journey, I had a Polish truck driver pull out into Lane 2 right in front of the car in front of us. This car swerved to the right, forcing the car in Lane 3 to hit the centre barrier and crash out. We managed to stop without any damage (Sunday afternoon, very little traffic on the road) but both of us were very shocked by what had happened. The truck driver just carried on regardless until another car (from behind us) caught up with him and forced him to stop about a mile or so further on. Plod and ambulances (fortunately not needed) were called, and, after giving our statements, we were allowed to carry on. This is just ONE example of what CAN happen if you're driving a left-hand drive truck with high mirrors and not constantly watching your blind spots.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

18-06-2020, 04:45 PM

Thanks, Bread. V and I used to travel up and down the M6 a lot before I retired to visit her parents. On one return journey, I had a Polish truck driver pull out into Lane 2 right in front of the car in front of us. This car swerved to the right, forcing the car in Lane 3 to hit the centre barrier and crash out. We managed to stop without any damage (Sunday afternoon, very little traffic on the road) but both of us were very shocked by what had happened. The truck driver just carried on regardless until another car (from behind us) caught up with him and forced him to stop about a mile or so further on. Plod and ambulances (fortunately not needed) were called, and, after giving our statements, we were allowed to carry on. This is just ONE example of what CAN happen if you're driving a left-hand drive truck with high mirrors and not constantly watching your blind spots.
So you are advocating right hand driving, like in the civilised world.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top