Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 04:40 PM

DIY Fillings

I have just filled two cavities (the old fillings fell out) with one of those DIY kits .... well I'm not going to get to a dentist any time soon. I'll report back on how I get on.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 09:53 AM

Re: DIY Fillings

Well, it seems to have worked up to a point. It has certainly filled the holes but I don't suppose it will last too long... but I have some left so will just keep refilling until I might possibly get to an NHS dentist.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well, it seems to have worked up to a point. It has certainly filled the holes but I don't suppose it will last too long... but I have some left so will just keep refilling until I might possibly get to an NHS dentist.
Have you phoned your dentist to try to make an appointment, LD? I understand they are only doing essential work which I would assume losing fillings from 2 teeth would come under
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 09:58 AM

I have one of those filling things in my bathroom cabinet for just in case . My niece is a dental nurse in London and she told me some had pulled their own teeth out during lockdown ! ...isn't that awful .

I hope you do get an appointment soon . Some folk must be in great discomfort
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-06-2020, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Have you phoned your dentist to try to make an appointment, LD? I understand they are only doing essential work which I would assume losing fillings from 2 teeth would come under
I don't have one Mags. I have been trying to get an NHS dentist since moving here five years ago. There's a private one about three minutes away but they are so expensive.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-06-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I have one of those filling things in my bathroom cabinet for just in case . My niece is a dental nurse in London and she told me some had pulled their own teeth out during lockdown ! ...isn't that awful .

I hope you do get an appointment soon . Some folk must be in great discomfort
Yes, I have seen the pics of people removing there own teeth. I suppose they must get so desperate in the end. Scary.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 10:13 AM

We have some of that stuff just in case !
At least you didn’t use superglue !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 10:13 AM

LD I have used gutta-percha in the past to fill a tooth and it worked very well as a temporary solution.
I hope it works for you.

My lovely dentist has retired and sold his practice to a set up that seem mainly interested in selling cosmetic procedures like veneers , I have yet to meet them in person but my son says they are awful I have given up eating nuts for now .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-06-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We have some of that stuff just in case !
At least you didn’t use superglue !
I think Mrs LD might have preferred that..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-06-2020, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
LD I have used gutta-percha in the past to fill a tooth and it worked very well as a temporary solution.
I hope it works for you.

My lovely dentist has retired and sold his practice to a set up that seem mainly interested in selling cosmetic procedures like veneers , I have yet to meet them in person but my son says they are awful I have given up eating nuts for now .
Sadly, a lot of dentists are into the cosmetic side of things these days although not all. Sorry to hear about the nuts.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top