Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 07:03 PM

Re: I Hope You Are Listening, Boris!!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Whatever you feel is likely or unlikely, I prefer to let our trade dealers handle negotiations & nobody will know if it is good deal till the results are clear in a few years time!
As somebody who has worked in finance all her life I know where my bet would go!
With your financial background you know what your government says here:

A trade agreement with Australia could increase UK*GDP*in the long run by 0.01% in scenario 1 or 0.02% (within a range of between 0.02% and 0.03%) in scenario 2, which would be sustained over time.*This is equivalent to an increase of £200 million or £500 million compared to its 2018 level.*This increase reflects changes to the underlying economy brought about by a reduction in barriers with Australia.
The long run is generally assumed to mean 15 years from implementation of the agreement.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...tegic-approach
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You're right, children have the future, old man.

You see, therein lies the difference between the UK and EU. By investing in other countries, we improve the climate (which extends countries and continents as you maybe know).

You read up on emission rights and its sale?

You'll love your new border taxes then
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You'll love your new border taxes then
You have the advantage on me. Don't know what you're referring to.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

22-06-2020, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You don't know what your green new deal is all about.

There you are claiming your intelligent and the leading authority on the EU and the first thing I ask you and your stumped.
Omg! You were referring not to tax rules in the netherlands, but to the green deal, a directive. Again I have to explain how the EU functions.
Directives require EU countries to achieve a certain result, but leave them free to choose how to do so. EU countries must adopt measures to incorporate them into national law (transpose) in order to achieve the objectives set by the directive. In this case the dutch parliament has to ratify the laws that transpise the EU green deal. By that time the dutch public, me included, will be informed how our government proposes to achieve the goals. That is the moment for the representatives of the dutch people to amend or even refuse the laws.
We are talking about 2024-25. Both of us can be dead and buried by that time.

Like I said before, you really are concerned about our well being. I do appreciate it, you are a true friend of our great european family. Do I call you brother or comrade?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 03:44 PM

Omg! You were referring not to tax rules in the netherlands, but to the green deal, a directive. Again I have to explain how the EU functions.
Directives require EU countries to achieve a certain result, but leave them free to choose how to do so. EU countries must adopt measures to incorporate them into national law (transpose) in order to achieve the objectives set by the directive. In this case the dutch parliament has to ratify the laws that transpise the EU green deal. By that time the dutch public, me included, will be informed how our government proposes to achieve the goals. That is the moment for the representatives of the dutch people to amend or even refuse the laws.
We are talking about 2024-25. Both of us can be dead and buried by that time.

Like I said before, you really are concerned about our well being. I do appreciate it, you are a true friend of our great european family. Do I call you brother or comrade?
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I can see plenty of shenanigans coming down the EU tracks in the next few years with more and more accusations of corruption over and around this "Green Deal".
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

24-06-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I can see plenty of shenanigans coming down the EU tracks in the next few years with more and more accusations of corruption over and around this "Green Deal".
Do you have any idea how many EU directives are incorporated into british law?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 03:55 PM

Probably 100% :shrug:, (I've never kept count) unlike many of the remaining EU27 who routinely ignore them. I'm looking forward to seeing a "bonfire" in the not too distant future, though, where these directives (that have been holding back 80-90% of British industry that have no exports into the EU but still have to comply with them) are repealed.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 04:10 PM

Thats what the communities act was for

Repealed thank god
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-06-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Probably 100% :shrug:, (I've never kept count) unlike many of the remaining EU27 who routinely ignore them. I'm looking forward to seeing a "bonfire" in the not too distant future, though, where these directives (that have been holding back 80-90% of British industry that have no exports into the EU but still have to comply with them) are repealed.
Your government was much more clever. It declared those incorporated laws to british law. You can't distinguish then anymore.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top