Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 11:52 PM

Re: What a last couple of hours !!!

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
thank you very much for the links I will check out a couple.
Good one and you might learn more, the same as I did.
You have to bear in mind that photos I take are for my pleasure not to be technically accurate, that doesn't bother me. Can't really be bothered using a tripod which would help
Technically accurate is correct - most are out of focus or over processed. You have the gear, so use it. As for not using a tripod, total crap. Sorry RS, but you have posted lots of shots on here stating that you have you used a tripod - even a table top one. You have advocated the use of your tripod in various shots and yet, with the stability of one, your shots are still soft.
to me a photo is more about remembering the time and at my age of 75 it is nice to look back at places I have forgotten
Age is not a concern here. I have friends much older than you that take decent, in focus shots. If they aren't in focus, or over pixelated, they discard them. Record shots are always nice to keep. I have taken numerous photos that I wouldn't dare post online, but might keep as a record shot.

you won't like this but I do
Actually, it's a quite nice shot.

because it is uncluttered shows gentle water movement and soft colours taken from on board ship.
I am tending to get more interested in video work now again for my own pleasure. My camcorder is more in use than the DSLR,s
I didn't think my "grubs up" photo was too bad as it was cropped a lot
Over pixelated and wrong format. A square crop would have been better.

you can't capture this with a photo

or make old fashioned style movies I am trying out at the moment

Stick to the videos, more of your style

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top