Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 07:54 AM

Note for Muddy

Please empty your Pm file of you want an answer to your question!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 08:02 AM

Re: Note for Muddy

Will do Twink
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 08:03 AM

So many repeats...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 08:08 AM

I don’t know what you mean .
I have a full box because I like the messages I have from my wise friends and I am loath to delete them .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have a full box because I like the messages I have from my wise friends and I am loath to delete them .
Take no notice of Longdogs, I understand he has been seeing green things lately!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 08:29 AM

You could always copy and paste them into a separate text program, that way you could keep them for as long as you wish. My way is to do the reverse of that – create all text in another program (it has to be created once anyway) and then copy and paste into Messages, E-mails (even those old-fashioned items called letters, sent by 'snail mail') etc. and it takes but minutes.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-07-2020, 08:48 AM

Baz thank you could you explain that in simple English for me .( I am not tech savvy )
Do you mean something like word ?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 09:15 AM

Baz thank you could you explain that in simple English for me (I am not tech savvy).
Do you mean something like word ?
That's probably the one – Word, I am not familiar with Windows as I use Apple Macs. However, all you need to do is create a file in Word called say, 'OFF Messages' and use that to create all text for use in OFF Messages, then copy and paste the text you created in Word from that into the OFF Messages window. The incoming message can also be copied and pasted into the 'OFF Messages' file. All you have to do with this is to type above it the date for reference, the same with any message you have created. You will then find you have a sequence of the text of incoming messages and your replies one above the other in that file. It may sound complicated but it's easy once you have become used to it.

You can do the same for e-mails etc., etc., as you wish. It's possible to create files say, for each month so making them easier to find if you wish to. These can be stored in Folders with the relevant titles. I've always done this as it's been necessary to have copies of everything, plus a back-up on an external drive. That's what an organised working life in the printing industry does!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-07-2020, 09:18 AM

Thank you Baz I will give it a go .
Unfortunately I always have trouble with my computer ever since windows 10 ( I was ok up to then) I never know where to file anything or where it goes anymore .
Only yesterday I tried to save something and up pops a Microsoft account .

FGS I only want to save a darn document to my document file what is this .

Tears and bashing of teeth followed .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 09:19 AM

It's just that that message appears often. It was just a joke, I was not having a go at you. No worries.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top