Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:24 AM

Re: Curious questions we never ask

I often wonder who was the first person to use the word 'F**K' and why people feel the need to use the word in almost every sentence these days. The person who first ever used the word C**T needed to be killed at birth before they were able to 'invent' such a word. Vile piece of you know what
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Good question .....

This is an interesting article which goes some way to answer the question, but note it contains offensive language and will certainly offend some readers, including those with religious leanings:

Feck! A history of swearing from the very first F to the 21st C

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/b...st-c-1.2676617

Melissa Mohr, the author of Holy Sh*t, A Brief History of Swearing explains how swearing has evolved from Ancient Rome and Biblical times to today and even hints at what the future holds

Thank you for posting that link Omah, yes sure people from hundreds of years ago would cuss/curse as we do today.

Its was interesting, but I did start to think it were a wind up after reading the names......But if I had no reference to what those names indicate now, they would just be names that evolved to vulgarity as we know now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:52 PM

Who was the first person to see an egg coming out of a chicken who then thought 'Mmm.... I'll boil that and eat it'?
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I often wonder who was the first person to use the word 'F**K' and why people feel the need to use the word in almost every sentence these days. The person who first ever used the word C**T needed to be killed at birth before they were able to 'invent' such a word. Vile piece of you know what

I have a friend, well educated and I guess you could say proper posh.

Often in conversation, even once to the vicar at a funeral, he's used the F word.

Yet no one batters an eye... But you can be sure if I used the F word the same people would look at me in disgust.
marciniak
wales uk

02-07-2020, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Who was the first person to see an egg coming out of a chicken who then thought 'Mmm.... I'll boil that and eat it'?

And who split open an Oyster and thought, Ooo that look yummy.....I'll eat that raw
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
And who split open an Oyster and thought, Ooo that look yummy.....I'll eat that raw
Cow's milk!
marciniak
wales uk

02-07-2020, 02:10 PM

Cow's milk!

It seems like if it were left up to you and I to forage food, we would only eat apples.......maybe ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

02-07-2020, 02:13 PM

It seems like if it were left up to you and I to forage food, we would only eat apples.......maybe ?
Cadbury's Twirl and crisps.
marciniak
wales uk

02-07-2020, 02:16 PM

Cadbury's Twirl and crisps.

Now you're talking... Proper food that smells nice too
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 03:03 PM

Surely we'd do what our ancient forebears did and watched what the other animals were eating?

As for swear words, many of today's swear words have their origins in history. The word for female genitalia, for example, dates back to Roman times at least. Here's the etymology of the F word. Interesting stuff when you find out where to look for explanations.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top