Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 11:00 PM

Re: Retirement – good or not so good?

I love being retired, no money worries, it gets put in my bank account every week like magic. No need to get up early, no need even to get dressed in the mornings if I don't feel like it. I can go where I like, when I like with my other retired friends, though not at present of course. No time table to keep. No rushing anywhere, it's lovely.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 12:15 AM

I am having a good time in retirement. I have enough of what I need and even a few things that I want I get to go for a half hearted "Silly old bugger" surf occasionally: or a sail. I love the the ocean and I'm lucky it's not far away. I get to cook my head off and play my guitar with friends. I consider myself very very lucky. I'm happy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 01:39 AM

I retired at 60 as a self funded retiree. My only regret is that I did not do it earlier, I enjoyed the social life at work as well as the job itself but retirement was (and still is) fantastic. Even the government helped out with a part pension when I hit 65.

I am definitely not rich but I now have the time and more than enough money to do exactly what I want though I am now in my 70s and can foresee physical limitations starting to kick in.

Retirement is far better than I ever imagined, I wonder now how I ever found time for work.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 06:04 AM

Like Artful - I took early retirement - best thing I ever did. Wouldn't have time to go to work now if I wanted to - the drastic drop in income took some lifestyle adjustments - but it was/is worth it!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 06:44 AM

Nowt wrong with Retirement itself, but, the folks who adjust best to it, are generally the ones who start practising for it as soon as they exit the School Gates.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:27 AM

Retirement really confuses me...sometimes I'm ok with it and other times it just frustrates me....I retired officially aged 58 but I usually have some project or other on the go...
Its times like now because of lockdown that really frustrate me.....blinking virus!!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Retirement really confuses me...sometimes I'm ok with it and other times it just frustrates me....I retired officially aged 58 but I usually have some project or other on the go...
Its times like now because of lockdown that really frustrate me.....blinking virus!!
Summer, I know just what you mean. It was my intention to enjoy a quiet retirement, but not as quiet as lockdown made it. Also enforced 'solitary' didn't help at all, from mid-February I didn't see family or anyone I knew until lockdown was slightly loosened, almost three months later! I did learn how to 'climb the walls' though and at times even scaled ceilings! Extremely frustrating!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Summer, I know just what you mean. It was my intention to enjoy a quiet retirement, but not as quiet as lockdown made it. Also enforced 'solitary' didn't help at all, from mid-February I didn't see family or anyone I knew until lockdown was slightly loosened, almost three months later! I did learn how to 'climb the walls' though and at times even scaled ceilings! Extremely frustrating!
You and me both Baz.... nearly over now though....thank goodness
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I allegedly retired at 60, but here I am, five years later still doing the odd electrical job. Mostly testing and electrical repairs, nothing major as it's a young man's/person's job. The money earned tops up my private pension but when I hit 66 next year, I'll be giving it up completely as no doubt I'll have to pay tax on my income and I've no intention of working for the Inland Revenue. I've paid enough tax in my time.
Interesting. I'm still doing the odd project (power electronics).
Can be a challenge at times. Perhaps I'll retired - next year. I'll be seventy...........
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:51 AM

I'm 63,can't receive my state pension until I'm 66, looking at my private pension's I could retire, but until a recent health scare I've been healthy, I've no intention of giving up work just yet.Its the age thing I don't like getting old,the aches and pains that take longer to go.Besides as has been mentioned its the camaraderie with colleagues that I'd miss.
Nope being 50 ish, earn what I wanted and long haul foreign hoiday's is where I want to be.There is no longer an appeal for a 10/12 hr flight for some sun and different culture.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top