Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:21 PM

Operation Venetic .. you couldn't make it up

Cops foiled an international crime web seizing £54 million cash, 77 firearms and two tonnes of drugs

Dame Cressida Dick (cop) "as akin to cracking the enigma code"

Mr Big Arrested ... The Sun

Users paid £1,600 a month for a bespoke Encrochat handset ... Sky News

The handsets used cost around £1,500 for a six-month contract ... CNN

They also seized 55 high-value cars, and 73 luxury watches, the NCA said.

Dame Cressida said: "These people are in business to make enormous amounts of money. Many of them lead a very respectable lifestyle - and definitely a high-end lifestyle in fancy houses with big cars going to... clubs and restaurants, splashing the cash sometimes, but sometimes being very discreet about it."
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:38 PM

Re: Operation Venetic .. you couldn't make it up

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Cops foiled an international crime web seizing £54 million cash, 77 firearms and two tonnes of drugs

Dame Cressida Dick (cop) "as akin to cracking the enigma code"

Mr Big Arrested ... The Sun

Users paid £1,600 a month for a bespoke Encrochat handset ... Sky News

The handsets used cost around £1,500 for a six-month contract ... CNN

They also seized 55 high-value cars, and 73 luxury watches, the NCA said.

Dame Cressida said: "These people are in business to make enormous amounts of money. Many of them lead a very respectable lifestyle - and definitely a high-end lifestyle in fancy houses with big cars going to... clubs and restaurants, splashing the cash sometimes, but sometimes being very discreet about it."
And this is going on in the uk dOOd??
So what mistake did the cops make for yhis to happen?

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
And this is going on in the uk dOOd??
So what mistake did the cops make for yhis to happen?

Donkeyman! 👍🤔🤔👍
Mistake, I don't think so, I applaud the the cops for what they've done. (I doubt they cracked the enigma code, undercover work, more likely).

It's just the most credible story, the press are in a tizz, what a sensation, this will make a great movie.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 08:00 PM

I read about this and l was well impressed! They seized millions or was it billions of pounds and contraband.
I did think how brave of the Police Officers who went undercover when one wrong move and their lives were literally on a knife edge!

It seems all those that were caught were respectable type people. One of the gangsters even came out in their underpants with his hands up.
If it’s all true, what a sting!

Yes, l thought the same it would make a great film.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

02-07-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I read about this and l was well impressed! They seized millions or was it billions of pounds and contraband.
I did think how brave of the Police Officers who went undercover when one wrong move and their lives were literally on a knife edge!

It seems all those that were caught were respectable type people. One of the gangsters even came out in their underpants with his hands up.
If it’s all true, what a sting!

Yes, l thought the same it would make a great film.
Yes I think Ms Dick is pumping us up ..

Fast car and watches too.

Do gangsters still wear big watches?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:20 PM

Threaten them with lethal administration of the drugs they ruin peoples lives with to get names of others around the UK and worldwide.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Threaten them with lethal administration of the drugs they ruin peoples lives with to get names of others around the UK and worldwide.
Good idea cinderella but what about their human rights,( l W)
Personally l will reserve judgement untill some of the bastids
are sentenced and disposed of?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 03:37 PM

The unofficial arrest list from insider shows some law enforcement names, so I'd hazard a guess that this could have happened earlier if it were not for internal corruption
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 03:48 PM

There was something on the news about these arrests being made sooner than anticipated because of a possible information leak.

The whole thing reminds me so much of Line of Duty series 5, which we have just finished watching.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 03:54 PM

Unfortunately, is just a temporary set-back for the drug lords.

The U.S. finally got "El Chapo" Guzman, (the biggest drug dealer in Mexico) extradited to the U.S, convicted him and sentenced him to "life" plus 158 yrs in federal prison. That conviction did not even slow down his drug empire.

"El Chapo" was worth billions of U.S. dollars.
Once when he was in a Mexican prison, his cronies dug a mile long tunnel, came up exactly into his cell and "El Chapo" escaped down the tunnel on a 4 wheel ATV.

He was once asked if he ever wanted to become President of Mexico ? His reply? "Why would I want to have less power than I already have ?"

The next time the authorities in Mexico got their hands on him, they promptly turned him over to the U.S. where there is no chance of escape.

How did Mexico capture him a 2nd time ? An informant told authorities that Sean Penn, the Hollywood actor, was going to visit "El Chapo" for a big party. When Sean Penn arrived in Mexico, he was tailed right to "El Chapo".

There are always hundreds of wannabees ready to step into the void.

Sorry for the bad news, but that is todays reality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top