Join for free
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 08:04 PM

Re: Last to post wins

Originally Posted by macywack ->
omg pixie, and you from Scotland and you don't know about Jura
Its an island. That I know. Anything else I have no clue. I'm going to have look it up aren't I? *sigh* I think it might be a whisky, let me check.....

Yup I was right. It sounds quite nice too - although I'm not a fan of whisky. Or haggis. Or the sound of bagpipes. Or Burns Night. Or men in kilts...oh wait, that's a lie.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Its an island. That I know. Anything else I have no clue. I'm going to have look it up aren't I? *sigh* I think it might be a whisky, let me check.....

Yup I was right. It sounds quite nice too - although I'm not a fan of whisky. Or haggis. Or the sound of bagpipes. Or Burns Night. Or men in kilts...oh wait, that's a lie.....
They're quite a nice set of single malt whiskies - the Journey and Superstition one's in particular and reasonably priced.

I'm still waiting for the wee dram that Macy mentioned.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 09:03 PM

Well, they certainly sound nice from what I have seen reports of.....but nearly £100 for a bottle is NOT "reasonably priced". I think £7 for a bottle of wine is pricey! But what do I know? I'm just a wee tight fisted Scot, haha!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Could I possibly be the last to post?...before 2.25pm?
You are of the more intelligent sex, so yes, you can be last to post at any time you like.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
They're quite a nice set of single malt whiskies - the Journey and Superstition one's in particular and reasonably priced.

I'm still waiting for the wee dram that Macy mentioned.
I won a bottle of Pogues single malt. Have you tried it? Any good?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 09:15 PM

Well, they certainly sound nice from what I have seen reports of.....but nearly £100 for a bottle is NOT "reasonably priced". I think £7 for a bottle of wine is pricey! But what do I know? I'm just a wee tight fisted Scot, haha!
Average price is around £22 from Amazon - as a tight-fisted (allegedly) Yorkshireman, that's more than enough to pay.
If you get independence, the price might rocket as there could be a tariff to pay as it crosses the border.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

09-02-2021, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I won a bottle of Pogues single malt. Have you tried it? Any good?
No. I'm not a fan of Irish whiskies in any case - they seem a bit harsh on my palate.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

09-02-2021, 09:21 PM

Average price is around £22 from Amazon - as a tight-fisted (allegedly) Yorkshireman, that's more than enough to pay.
If you get independence, the price might rocket as there could be a tariff to pay as it crosses the border.
Are you suggesting I get a few bottles and keep them for Indy Day? This is whisky, not Bitcoin!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-02-2021, 09:29 PM

No. I'm not a fan of Irish whiskies in any case - they seem a bit harsh on my palate.
I might have to buy some Soda water in that case.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-02-2021, 09:31 PM

Are you suggesting I get a few bottles and keep them for Indy Day? This is whisky, not Bitcoin!
Er.....excuse me Knuxie Pickles, this is men's talk about men's drinking preferences and choice of snacks. Please leave by the nearest exit.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top