Join for free
Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 >
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 11:27 PM

Re: It's Been Puzzling Me????

Oh no, your reaction is exactly what I expected. There's one on every forum.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Of you?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
You draw the same reaction wherever you go?
Sad. Very sad. Almost a morbid obsession of yours then is it?

I'll give a sloppy kiss to anyone who spotted my typo before I fixed it ... including you Twizzle. Even I've got to admit it was funny ... still wiping the egg off my face.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You draw the same reaction wherever you go?
Sad. Very sad. Almost a morbid obsession of yours then is it?

I'll give a sloppy kiss to anyone who spotted my typo before I fixed it ... including you Twizzle. Even I've got to admit it was funny ... still wiping the egg off my face.
Your behaviour has nothing to do with me or what I do, it's a standard pattern from your type on all forums and yes it is very sad. Big fish, small pond.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 11:55 PM

You're bored aren't you ... I can tell.
There's quite a few big fish on here if you hang around long enough to notice. I'm nothing special.
twizzle
somerset

03-01-2018, 07:40 AM

Ah, I knew we’d agree on something eventually.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 09:43 AM

Hi

Twizzle, you are entitled to your views on Brexit and I respect the views of those who voted to remain.

Whilst we have very different views on the subject, I am always willing to listen to rational reasoning and there are many reasons for staying in the EU.

I thought about my vote and knew that there would be a financial cost to pay.

I am quite willing to pay extra Tax to cover that shortfall, I do not want the most vulnerable genuine people to suffer.

My objection was the way things were going, I do not want to be part of a Federal Europe, I do not want us to adopt the Euro and I most certainly do not want the UK to be part of an EU Army, with an EU Agenda.

Merkel over ruling all EU Policy and opening the Borders to Economic Migrants was the best example of the way things were going.

There was no discussion or agreement on this, just Unilateral action and then when things went wrong, everybody had to take a quota of those Germany did not want.

I find this very, very wrong.

The UK has a long history of taking genuine refugees, we take them direct from the Refugee Camps, those with nothing at all, the ones most in need.

The Yazidis, Kurds and Christians, used as sex slaves by ISIS, not rich economic migrants, we take those who cannot afford to pay the people smugglers.

I am proud that we do this, 20,000 a year.

I am not stupid, far from it, I am not Xenophobic, I have two Polish Businesses registered at my house.

I have an agreement with the local NHS, new foreign doctors and nurses I put up until they find permanent accommodation.

I am neither thick, stupid, Xenophobic or a Little Englander.

I can make myself understood in French, Polish, Pashto, Farsi, Tagalog, Thai and Khmer, I understand Arabic and Ukranian, albeit all with a broad Yorkshire accent.

I am quite happy to discuss the merits or demerits of voting to leave.

What I object to is rants labelling me as stupid, thick, xenophobic and a Little Englander.

I am none of these, I am quite capable of thinking and taking rational decisions.

My rational decision was to leave and take the consequences.

I respect the views of those who came to a different conclusion.

I do not insult them, please do not insult me.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Twizzle, you are entitled to your views on Brexit and I respect the views of those who voted to remain.

Whilst we have very different views on the subject, I am always willing to listen to rational reasoning and there are many reasons for staying in the EU.

I thought about my vote and knew that there would be a financial cost to pay.

I am quite willing to pay extra Tax to cover that shortfall, I do not want the most vulnerable genuine people to suffer.

My objection was the way things were going, I do not want to be part of a Federal Europe, I do not want us to adopt the Euro and I most certainly do not want the UK to be part of an EU Army, with an EU Agenda.

Merkel over ruling all EU Policy and opening the Borders to Economic Migrants was the best example of the way things were going.

There was no discussion or agreement on this, just Unilateral action and then when things went wrong, everybody had to take a quota of those Germany did not want.

I find this very, very wrong.

The UK has a long history of taking genuine refugees, we take them direct from the Refugee Camps, those with nothing at all, the ones most in need.

The Yazidis, Kurds and Christians, used as sex slaves by ISIS, not rich economic migrants, we take those who cannot afford to pay the people smugglers.

I am proud that we do this, 20,000 a year.

I am not stupid, far from it, I am not Xenophobic, I have two Polish Businesses registered at my house.

I have an agreement with the local NHS, new foreign doctors and nurses I put up until they find permanent accommodation.

I am neither thick, stupid, Xenophobic or a Little Englander.

I can make myself understood in French, Polish, Pashto, Farsi, Tagalog, Thai and Khmer, I understand Arabic and Ukranian, albeit all with a broad Yorkshire accent.

I am quite happy to discuss the merits or demerits of voting to leave.

What I object to is rants labelling me as stupid, thick, xenophobic and a Little Englander.

I am none of these, I am quite capable of thinking and taking rational decisions.

My rational decision was to leave and take the consequences.

I respect the views of those who came to a different conclusion.

I do not insult them, please do not insult me.
When I washed up here I was not particularly politically au fait, and found many of the political threads confusing.
I also found that some posters had views that were so entrenched there was no attempt at seeing the other point of view.

When the referendum loomed I initially was happy to vote Remain but over time I changed my mind.
Merkel's actions plus the prospect of Turkey joining the EU was the nail in the coffin for me.

I must say that posts like this (above) I find reasonable and persuasive and I agree with every word.

The crap throwing tit for tat insults do nothing for this forum.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

The crap throwing tit for tat insults do nothing for this forum.
You've got that right..gawd knows what non Members must be thinking when They look in and read all this shit...embarrassing to say the least.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2018, 11:21 AM

Someone said the eu workers work cheaper and harder, harder I can only agree because they are usually younger than me these days I'm competing against 18 - 20 year olds, I used to work like that but over 30 years of doing so I'm knackered now, cheaper is a huge problem they can do that in their own country but stop bringing down my wages to their rate please.

Anyone tried to live on or below nmw ? It's not easy and it a bloody cheek anyone wanting to pay less than that ! There should be dignity in work not something you lose sleep over whether you can pay your rent or not.

So far wages in cleaning in Surrey have gone down by 40 percent how much farther do remainers want us to fall.

Page 17 of 19 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top