Join for free
Page 9 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 09:13 PM

Re: It's Been Puzzling Me????

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Some very interesting points on here. I only wish more were like AnnieS, who obviously feels very strongly in her belief to remain but manages to always put her view across to others on here in a very polite, reasonable and sensible manner. Unlike others who seem incapable of seeing no further than their own vitriol when discussing Brexit. There is simply no reasoning with such bitterness.
This entirely,

At least Annie is a good sport and retains a sense of humour.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
As I've said it before, this country is as much the Remainers home as yours. There are 42 million of us and we are entitled to stay right here and fight for what is best for our country. I'm sure it would be very convenient for you to get rid of us but I'll be staying right here and campaigning to undo the damage you've done to MY country.

Being part of the EU doesn't take away our independence, rather it strenghthens and enables it. As the Brexiters will find out when we're forced to go round cap in hand to other parts of the wrold, begging for trade and accepting every humiliating condition to get it. There's no independence in being America, China and India's poodle.

Sorry .. but I just don't get you. Doubt I ever will
You say it's your home and will remain to fight for it ... whilst actively fighting against what the majority of Brits voted for. It's you are who out of step ... you who believe that you know what is best for Britain irrespective of the fact that Remainer's lost in the referendum.
If you were truly supportive of your country you'd just hang on for the ride, even if it turned out to be a grim white knuckle ride.

What you shouldn't do .. is spew a load of vitriol at other Brits who exercised their right to vote, the same as you did, and just happened to win.
You're starting to look like an alcoholic attending an AA meeting and blaming all those others present for your own hang-up and just because they're trying to quit and you're gasping for a last drink you're trying to keep them drinking too.

To me, you sound a little uninformed, a little naïve, very bitter, and I feel a little sorry for you.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sorry .. but I just don't get you. Doubt I ever will
You say it's your home and will remain to fight for it ... whilst actively fighting against what the majority of Brits voted for. It's you are who out of step ... you who believe that you know what is best for Britain irrespective of the fact that Remainer's lost in the referendum.
If you were truly supportive of your country you'd just hang on for the ride, even if it turned out to be a grim white knuckle ride.

What you shouldn't do .. is spew a load of vitriol at other Brits who exercised their right to vote, the same as you did, and just happened to win.
You're starting to look like an alcoholic attending an AA meeting and blaming all those others present for your own hang-up and just because they're trying to quit and you're gasping for a last drink you're trying to keep them drinking too.

To me, you sound a little uninformed, a little naïve, very bitter, and I feel a little sorry for you.
Good post Morty,

Ever thought of running for PM?
You'd get my vote!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 09:29 PM

Funny you should say that ... I said only the other day if I was a few decades younger I'd get into politics.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Yes I would. It's better that we stick together and try to move forward like adults.
Do you REALLY think that we voted to destroy the country?
I have NEVER come across anyone as bitter and twisted over this than you.
You are the epitome of a child spitting it's dummy. In fact, you're a bit like the EU - want it all your own way and can't be reasoned with.
Better for who? Only the Brexiters so they can get their own way and wriggle out of responsibility when the shit hits the fan. Yes, I do think the Brexiters voted to destroy the country, hoping to be able to remake it in their own 1950s, rheumy eyed, image.

The better thing for our country would be to stay in the EU and the best way forward is to campaign for that. Remainers and Brexiters can't move forward together because forward for each of us is in a different direction. I've no intention of moving in any direction with any Brexiter and the adult thing to do when someone is intent on doing you harm is to fight back.

Perhaps you move mostly in Brexiter circles and among people of your own kind? Because I can assure you that, while I'm not bitter and twisted, I am furious and there are many, many people out here just as furious, if not more so. You just mix in a refined crowd.

It's the Brexiters who want it all there own way, to have their cake and eat it, as a famous Brexiter promised. Of course, the EU won't let the Brexiters have their own way and all the false promises that the Brexiters made claiming they could get it are being shown up for the lies they were.

I'm pleased to see the EU standing up to the Brexiters and their bragging revealed for what it was.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 09:35 PM

Better for who? Only the Brexiters so they can get their own way and wriggle out of responsibility when the shit hits the fan. Yes, I do think the Brexiters voted to destroy the country, hoping to be able to remake it in their own 1950s, rheumy eyed, image.

The better thing for our country would be to stay in the EU and the best way forward is to campaign for that. Remainers and Brexiters can't move forward together because forward for each of us is in a different direction. I've no intention of moving in any direction with any Brexiter and the adult thing to do when someone is intent on doing you harm is to fight back.

Perhaps you move mostly in Brexiter circles and among people of your own kind? Because I can assure you that, while I'm not bitter and twisted, I am furious and there are many, many people out here just as furious, if not more so. You just mix in a refined crowd.

It's the Brexiters who want it all there own way, to have their cake and eat it, as a famous Brexiter promised. Of course, the EU won't let the Brexiters have their own way and all the false promises that the Brexiters made claiming they could get it are being shown up for the lies they were.

I'm pleased to see the EU standing up to the Brexiters and their bragging revealed for what it was.
It's like talking to a brick wall!

twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 09:37 PM

Sorry .. whilst actively fighting against what the majority of Brits voted for.
Because what the very small majority of Brits voted for is immoral and will do my country great harm. It would very wrong and unpatriotic to go along with it and let that harm happen. Only cowards and turncoats go along with something they know to be wrong just to be in step with the majority.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
It's like talking to a brick wall!

I was thinking more of the Duracell bunny who keeps banging that drum meself but I know what you mean.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

Refined circles actually, rather than closed minded ones......
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

01-01-2018, 09:40 PM

I was thinking more of the Duracell bunny who keeps banging that drum meself but I know what you mean.
Oh well,

Keeps us busy batting her down I suppose.....

Page 9 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top