Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:28 PM

Re: Is there anything you miss.

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
This may sound a bit strange, but I miss the days of looking forward to going to work! Each career I had, three, I found ways to create new avenues of doing things, always curious to get input from coworkers, and striving to do the best job I could to make the others around me welcome changes and actually be proud of their accomplishments. I loved each supervisor/boss I worked with, especially the old crimes unit at the state police! Looking for clues to horrible murders others may have missed in depositions, scanning evidence pics, death scenes, well, I felt like I was part of a team.
Somehow, emptying a vacumn cleaner cannister and admiring a clean carpet doesn't fulfill my sense of a job well done.
ETA - Retired from full time work four years now, last one of course, with Covid lockdown.....better days may be ahead!

You sound like you have an academic mind,RightNow?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Surely not at the same time ,as in together?

I can shift a concrete slab, only one though.
Ha! 3x2 is the size! Just one at a time.

No wonder Pixie was shocked!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:43 PM

You sound like you have an academic mind,RightNow?
Not sure about that, but always curious about everything, and learning all I can as I go. Logical, maybe, emotional, always, new adventures, never ending!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by right now ->
not sure about that, but always curious about everything, and learning all i can as i go. Logical, maybe, emotional, always, new adventures, never ending!:-d

pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ha! 3x2 is the size! Just one at a time.

No wonder Pixie was shocked!

Art, I walk them as well,
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel;2043071[B
]I miss the hustle and bustle, the fun, the laughter, the up’s and downs of the close family unit we had when the children were young and at home.[/B]
Having five children it was always hectic and l want to savour that wonderful close feeling of just being all together, under one roof .. a happy family.
I do too, Artangel. I have enjoyed my children at every age, but when they were toddlers and first starting school, carefree and protected from the world, and days were full of adventure - it was magical.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I do too, Artangel. I have enjoyed my children at every age, but when they were toddlers and first starting school, carefree and protected from the world, and days were full of adventure - it was magical.
Surfermom, Magical is exactly the right word to describe those precious moments that are there and then in a flash...they are gone.

We are so sentimental!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-02-2021, 04:44 PM

Art, I walk them as well,

Pauline, I would have thought with your energy, you would’ve gone jogging with yours!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 05:41 PM

Horse riding. My hips and intimate surgery wouldn’t allow me to sit on one nowadays. Plus I have the rheumatoid arthritis and neuropathy to deal with.

Flying planes. Too expensive, need my glasses for reading and short distance, and doubt I could haul myself up to check the wing fuel tanks.

Painting and decorating. It wears me out now.

Woodwork.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Horse riding. My hips and intimate surgery wouldn’t allow me to sit on one nowadays. Plus I have the rheumatoid arthritis and neuropathy to deal with.

Flying planes. Too expensive, need my glasses for reading and short distance, and doubt I could haul myself up to check the wing fuel tanks.

Painting and decorating. It wears me out now.

Woodwork.
I agree. I notice that I am making small reading errors due to the farsightedness of age that I never used to make. The most I am willing to do is as co-pilot, but only with a very capable pilot behind the yoke.

Riding horses was something I was never able to do, but those of you who have make me feel like I really missed out. I get a lot of pleasure knowing that so many of you had that kind of experience.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top