Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 03:57 PM

2 Ingredients only - Chocolate Mousse - Divine!

Who doesn’t love Chocolate? I made two sundae dishes of Chocolate Mousse this morning, (sigh! Both for HWMO, as dammit, still on my diet) so it’s one for him this evening and one for tomorrow.
I admit though, I did lick the spoon after the last two spoonfuls were put into the Cream and before I threw it into the waiting bowl of sudsy water to be washed. Yum!

Only two ingredients needed. I used a bar of Green’s dark chocolate 70%, but the recipe says it is better with a dark chocolate of 60% as not so rich. Huh! Get out of here.

You will need

2 mixing bowls (one that is heat-resistant and fits nicely into a saucepan of simmering water without touching the water.
1 chopping board
1 very sharp knife
1 Spatula
1 Hand Mixer
1 saucepan with a little simmering water- about ¼ way up the inside.

Ingredients

200g Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate
100ml Whipping Cream (MUST be at room temperature)
300ml Whipping Cream (this is chilled of course)

Method

Using the chopping board, cut the chocolate into small pieces and place into a heat-resistant bowl with the 100ml of ROOM TEMPERATURE whipped cream. (has to be room temperature cream or it could cause the bowl to crack if chilled).

Place the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water and mix continuously with a spatula until the mixture is completely melted.

Remove the bowl from the saucepan and let it cool for a minimum of 15 minutes.

While it is cooling, whisk the CHILLED whipping cream until soft peaks have just formed. Do not whisk for any longer.

Now using a tablespoon, add the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream a little at a time (about two tablespoons) and gently whisk until combined. Continue until all of the mixture has been added to the whipped cream but still not too over whipped.

I’ve added the video for you to watch as much more enjoyable than reading this. I certainly didn’t bother with piping the mixture into the sundae dishes though. Huh again!, it’s only Thursday, they are both for HWMO and none for moi, and would mean more washing up!
Actually, I’m fibbing, I grated some tiny Orange peel over the top just for decoration.

Enjoy!

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:01 PM

Re: 2 Ingredients only - Chocolate Mousse - Divine!

That sounds good, ST, and well done for making it for HWMBO when you are on a diet. I will make it for my better half at the weekend but, personally, would prefer a bag of pickled onion crisps.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:02 PM

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:03 PM

I speed read the title as "Chocolate Mouse"
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I speed read the title as "Chocolate Mouse"
OMG PV, I had to quickly look then in case I had typed Mouse instead of Mousse. Phew!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-02-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Love it LD, will have to find that smiley.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:09 PM

That sounds delicious SG ..... but oh dear, just when I'm about to start my diet.

Decisions, decisions!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
That sounds good, ST, and well done for making it for HWMBO when you are on a diet. I will make it for my better half at the weekend but, personally, would prefer a bag of pickled onion crisps.
Groan! know what you mean LT, I have a whole unopened bag of 12 x pack of Quavers in the cupboard which HWMO doesn't like but I love when fancy a nibble. (Sigh! before you say anything) Always prefer savoury to sweet.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-02-2020, 04:15 PM

Hi Mags, difficult isn't it? Be a good girl. I only did it because it was nice and quick to do (about 20 minutes or so), shove into the fridge and when it is time to eat it, he can jolly well get it himself and I will walk away from the table with my cup of tea and don't have to act like LD's great little smiley.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi Mags, difficult isn't it? Be a good girl. I only did it because it was nice and quick to do (about 20 minutes or so), shove into the fridge and when it is time to eat it, he can jolly well get it himself and I will walk away from the table with my cup of tea and don't have to act like LD's great little smiley.
I keep going back to look at the photo - it's so quick and easy to make too.

Shall I, shan't I

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top