Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 12:07 PM

Raising Steam, Crystal Waters

Our pond pumps are on a timer so they get turned off for a rest a few times a day.
Not long after one of the pumps had a rest, my Lovely Cousin noticed steam rising from one of the water features.

A few minutes later the pump restarted.

The sun was low in the sky so I took a few shots from knee level to capture this.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 12:57 PM

Re: Raising Steam, Crystal Waters

How beautiful, Fruitcake.

You have a lovely pond.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Our pond pumps are on a timer so they get turned off for a rest a few times a day.
Not long after one of the pumps had a rest, my Lovely Cousin noticed steam rising from one of the water features.

A few minutes later the pump restarted.

The sun was low in the sky so I took a few shots from knee level to capture this.

What are the strings going across the pictures

What are the strings going across the pictures fruitcake ??
Do you keep fish in your ponds??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔👍👍

Oops! what happened there?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 01:16 PM

Super photos Fruitcake. We strung our pond similar to that, to keep the Heron from eating the fish. They are no more now so I removed the stringing.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 01:32 PM

The "strings" are a combination of brass chain and strimmer line. Along with the fence made from stair spindles also hung with three rows of chain they are to keep foxes and herons from fishing.
We have two large Koi and a mixture of about sixty to seventy carp of varying colours.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 03:02 PM

Nice garden Fruity...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top