Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 07:11 PM

Re: How often do you see a Police Officer where you live?

Not often
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 07:42 PM

It stands to reason that if I'm not going out very often and when I do I go directly to where I need to go and then immediately return once I'm done, I'm unlikely to see a policeman and presumably a great many contributors here are the same.
If not why not, because we've had restrictions on and off for over a year since this pandemic struck.

IMHO given the above the question is not being asked at the best of times to be able to answer accurately.
For example our county saw an extra 79 recruits by the middle of last year and AIUI there's more funding for more recruits this year too, but if I'm not going anywhere I'm not going to see if they're on the streets or not.

Ask me again when we're fully able to go out again without restrictions.
For now though since I live rurally the honest answer has to be "not very often", although they do sometimes sit in cars in the nearby lay-by for a break.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 07:50 PM

We have a Community Support Officer in our village-he only looks about 12yrs old.Can't recall seeing him since the first lockdown,perhaps his mother won't let him out on patrol!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It stands to reason that if I'm not going out very often and when I do I go directly to where I need to go and then immediately return once I'm done, I'm unlikely to see a policeman and presumably a great many contributors here are the same.
If not why not, because we've had restrictions on and off for over a year since this pandemic struck.

IMHO given the above the question is not being asked at the best of times to be able to answer accurately.
For example our county saw an extra 79 recruits by the middle of last year and AIUI there's more funding for more recruits this year too, but if I'm not going anywhere I'm not going to see if they're on the streets or not.

Ask me again when we're fully able to go out again without restrictions.
For now though since I live rurally the honest answer has to be "not very often", although they do sometimes sit in cars in the nearby lay-by for a break.
Hi

You are mistaken.

Sitting in a car in a layby is not having a break.

They are in a vehicle with an ANPR Camera and part of a team using ANPR to track County Lines Drug Dealers and Illegals.

They are highly trained officers who can take part in a TPack to stop a vehicle.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:36 PM

I see police cars, or l hear them, rather than see the police officers.
I probably see more police in programmes on television than in real life!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:52 PM

Hi

Never been arrested in my life.

Worked with the Police for many years.

I have been a naughty boy however at the age of 68.

I hit the drug dealer next door for dealing on my drive and laughing at an Emergency Ambulance being here.

He spat in my front garden.

I got a talking to, but no formal warning or any formal action.

An old man against a 30 something, shaven headed heavily muscled and tattoed git.

Not such a hard man, he attacked me and lost.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:57 PM

Terrorist attacks, demos and football matches. In the summer months you can see a pair in trad helmets posing for photos.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
we have a community support officer in our village-he only looks about 12yrs old.can't recall seeing him since the first lockdown,perhaps his mother won't let him out on patrol!
:-d:-d:-d
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 09:39 PM

When I was I the UK I must admit I didn't see cops very often. Quite a few cars but not on the beat. Two things stood out though. They weren't armed and the cars look like they couldn't catch a runaway cow. People complained about them a lot as well. People complain about the police everywhere in the world. But here you see them all the time and they respond quickly. The cars and bikes are highly worked up and can catch anything. For better or worse they are armed and they use their firearms if they have to.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
When I was I the UK I must admit I didn't see cops very often. Quite a few cars but not on the beat. Two things stood out though. They weren't armed and the cars look like they couldn't catch a runaway cow. People complained about them a lot as well. People complain about the police everywhere in the world. But here you see them all the time and they respond quickly. The cars and bikes are highly worked up and can catch anything. For better or worse they are armed and they use their firearms if they have to.
That's good... for you!
You have the good fortune to live in a country led by people who support your country and its people.

We, however, are led by people who support themselves and daren't say boo to the criminals and lefty pressure groups... and sod the people!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top