Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:00 PM

Would you have challenged this idiot?

I'm pretty sure I would have said something to him. The report says that onlookers were horrified but they all just walked on by.

Shocking video shows a man who horrified tourists in Torquay when he grabbed a seagull and held it upside down by the neck for over a minute before flinging it over the pier wall.

Holidaymakers and locals walking on the promenade beside the Princess Theatre watched as the man grabbed one of a flock of gulls which swooped on his doughnut on the sea wall.

He managed to grab one by the neck, held it until it dropped his doughnut which he then picks up and starts eating again. Onlookers gasped as he then flung the gull over the sea wall.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon...ottles-5629870
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:05 PM

Re: Would you have challenged this idiot?

No I wouldn't have confronted him, he sounds like a proper psycho. I would have checked to make sure the seagull was ok though. I hope he gets really sick and ill from eating the doughnut again. Days of staring at the U-bend should sort him out. Nasty piece of work.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:07 PM

Gosh that was a long time he was holding that bird, wicked old so-and-so.
Pity the other birds didn't all attack the bloke, that would have soon sorted him.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:10 PM

Challenged the SOB? Bloody right I would. I can't abide cruelty to living things.

Come to think of I'd probably kicked him on the ankle and straightway deliberately fallen over, had the police come, and played the poor old codger beaten up by the thug card.

There's more ways to kill a cat than kicking it up the arse.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:14 PM

Could do with laying off the doughnuts, obvious who is bird brained. Not sure I would have challenged him.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:15 PM

There is no such thing as a seagull. The ones in the video were probably Herring Gulls & young ones too.
They can carry disease so I hope he was very ill as well, what a nasty person. He shouldn't have put his bag on the wall, it's an open invitation to gulls.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:19 PM

If he had not been eating his doughnut en plain aire, he would not have been bombarded by the gulls in the first place.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
No I wouldn't have confronted him, he sounds like a proper psycho. I would have checked to make sure the seagull was ok though. I hope he gets really sick and ill from eating the doughnut again. Days of staring at the U-bend should sort him out. Nasty piece of work.

I believe Gulls are protected so hopefully the police will prosecute.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I believe Gulls are protected so hopefully the police will prosecute.

You're right, they are.
Bet the cops don't do anything though.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Challenged the SOB? Bloody right I would. I can't abide cruelty to living things.
You and me both.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top