Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-02-2020, 09:56 PM

cold calling

Had a phone call trying to sell loft insulation, they insinuated in no uncertain terms it was about time we renewed it.It amazes me how they knew it needed doing, like hell it did.

When we lived in Horley in Surrey we had a double glazing sales guy knock on the door. The new estate had several hundred dwelling on it from flats to 5 bed houses. We had a brand new 4 bed house and been in it for about a year.

We asked him if he had and takups on his selling and he said no he didn't understand why.

Sue said to him " Have you looked at the windows on this estate"

"no" he said

"well if you care to look all the properties already are double glazed"

Still you can't blame him for trying I suppose
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 08:27 AM

Re: cold calling

Bet the Guy was just looking for a Window of opportunity, bit like me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 08:52 AM

He probably didn't know that Windows update themselves automatically. (he probably is not a member of OFF)
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
He probably didn't know that Windows update themselves automatically. (he probably is not a member of OFF)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 11:40 AM

Was it this bloke?

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 12:32 PM

A work colleague of mine, not the sharpest knife in the box, and doing a labouring job at the engineering factory where we both worked, decided to look for a new job.

He drove his old battered Datsun Sunny to the local car showrooms for an interview for the position of second hand car salesman.

After his interview he enquired if he had got the job.....
The owner of the showroom pointed to his beat up old Datsun and said "No! you haven't, but send me the bloke who sold you that"...
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 01:17 PM

Usually have my answer phone on but wouldn't you know the one time I didn't who should call yesterday but the Loft Insulator chap with all his ready glib speech .

I was feeling a tad off colour so surprised him..and myself who is normally always polite... by spitting "What the hell are you on about" down the phone. There was a deafening silence then a quiet click.

After I had put my phone down I mentally chuntered on about idiots and the like..then burst out laughing as my little show of s*d off that had actually worked without much effort had brightened up my day no end .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2020, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Usually have my answer phone on but wouldn't you know the one time I didn't who should call yesterday but the Loft Insulator chap with all his ready glib speech .

I was feeling a tad off colour so surprised him..and myself who is normally always polite... by spitting "What the hell are you on about" down the phone. There was a deafening silence then a quiet click.

After I had put my phone down I mentally chuntered on about idiots and the like..then burst out laughing as my little show of s*d off that had actually worked without much effort had brightened up my day no end .

There you go. It's always nice to be nasty towards a salesman.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top