Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 09:47 PM

Re: Any Nissan experts?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Forget satnavs Lilycat, you just need one of these....

And it's welcome to the forum from me too....
That looks interesting. What is it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by LilyCat ->
It’s a Connect3 I need apparently, but thank you so much for the offer. That’s really kind of you 😊
I’m so glad you got such great support when starting your business.
I’m predominately involved in disease control in its many guises, but we do work alongside Environment Health, Trading Standards etc, and most of them do a brilliant job.
I’m sure your success though, was down to your hard work and dedication. 😊

yes for the first few years we nearly went under, the place was shall we say terrible to put it midly, but it had potential.
Kennel had bars rusted away - electrics dangerous to say the least and everything needed replacing. left side of cattery didn't exist, also complete roof replaced what you see below is all down to the effort we put in, not how it was

loads of hard work to end up with this
cattery

kennels

isolation room (this didn't even exist ,just a useless area)

grooming room ( this had 4 ft of goats muck and straw when we took over and rotten barn front doors)

I tiled out everywhere for easy cleaning purposes. Damn hard work and no days off for the first 5 years, when we shut down for 2 weeks that is when we did major improvements. Absolutely and I mean absolutely was upgraded.

I did 90% of the upgrade the left had cattery side and floor was professionally done but not the electrics. I alarmed up everywhere as were 2x CCTV systems and security lighting

bottom paddock used for dog exercise

Licenced for 118 dogs and 42 cats. In the end we managed a 6 figure turnover. No bad for a couple of animal lovers, we had to make it work, no way of going back
Sue and manageress/staff looked after the animals
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2020, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That looks interesting. What is it?
It's the couriers bible Longdogs....

Just wait until all the satellites are zapped with sunspot activity or somebodies aggression and these will be like gold dust and as rare as hens teeth.....
LilyCat
Cheshire
LilyCat is female  LilyCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad you got it sorted Lily.

Welcome to the forum btw.
Thank you 😊 x
LilyCat
Cheshire
LilyCat is female  LilyCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
hope you didn't pay Nissan for it, it is part of the car. it is a complete rip off what they charge. I updated mine from the internet suppliers.

Oh yes and
No, I followed the link realspeed posted.
Everyone seems so helpful on here. I think I’m going to like it once I settle in 😊
LilyCat
Cheshire

11-01-2020, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Forget satnavs Lilycat, you just need one of these....

And it's welcome to the forum from me too....
They’re a bit awkward to read, spread across the steering wheel while you’re driving
Thank you for the welcome. 😊 x
LilyCat
Cheshire

11-01-2020, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
yes for the first few years we nearly went under, the place was shall we say terrible to put it midly, but it had potential.
Kennel had bars rusted away - electrics dangerous to say the least and everything needed replacing. left side of cattery didn't exist, also complete roof replaced what you see below is all down to the effort we put in, not how it was

loads of hard work to end up with this
cattery

kennels

isolation room (this didn't even exist ,just a useless area)

grooming room ( this had 4 ft of goats muck and straw when we took over and rotten barn front doors)

I tiled out everywhere for easy cleaning purposes. Damn hard work and no days off for the first 5 years, when we shut down for 2 weeks that is when we did major improvements. Absolutely and I mean absolutely was upgraded.

I did 90% of the upgrade the left had cattery side and floor was professionally done but not the electrics. I alarmed up everywhere as were 2x CCTV systems and security lighting

bottom paddock used for dog exercise

Licenced for 118 dogs and 42 cats. In the end we managed a 6 figure turnover. No bad for a couple of animal lovers, we had to make it work, no way of going back
Sue and manageress/staff looked after the animals
Wow, that looks absolutely awesome! I have visited many animal premises, of various types, but I’ve never seen anything like that standard. No wonder you had so many clients!
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what made you give it up?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 03:24 AM

Retirement mainly is why we sold. That is the standard we set ourselves, even the local vets own dogs boarded with us. I even laid the grass outside the left hand side of the cattery, it was broken rubble when we bought the place. There were 6 ramshackled homemade pens there before

The electrics, you would have had nightmares, the power cables in the kennels had no plastic sheathing. No I mean no outer sheathing and none to the live and neutral , just bare wires . The only thing stopping them starting a fire was they had never been disturbed. Old industrial fuse box whe ceramic fuse wire holders that were cracked inside.

To give a better idea

part of kennel kitchen

new worktop and cupboards - new ceiling ( Environmental health guy (Phil) helped hold it up while i fixed it)
new window, only way to get long work top in while window being fitted

new power and lighting
new tiled floor by me
behind were two "blind" kennels used as isolation, so knocked the wall between them and small kitchen to enlarge for decent working space

CCTV monitor with camera in those kennel blocks so staff could watch them while in the kitchen working
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 09:42 AM

** Please stay on topic - thank you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:35 PM

OGF, whish I had my map a couple of months ago, had to go from Tamworth Staffs to just south of Stevenage, It was a stinker of a day, rain and more rain, spray everywhere, so took the A14 and made my way to the A1 and A1M. On the way back the Sat Nav retraced the steps, onto the A1M, then the A1, at a place called Sandy, the Sat Nav told me to take a minor road to the left through a place called Moggerchanger and onto the A421 below Bedford. I was conscious I was going in the wrong direction but followed because of having on choice (and no Map), Eventually I was guided onto the M1 at junction 13 and straight into 30 miles of roadworks and narrow lanes.
Bloody Sat Navs.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top