Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:03 AM

Re: How did you get your first dog/cat?

Neither Mum nor Dad had ever had a pet of any kind, and although some of my friends had cats & dogs, I wasn't bothered
We talked briefly about getting a pet but decided not to

When I was about 13 or 14 I came home from the Scout's summer camp to see a dog in the garden, and i asked Mum & Dad who was visiting
They said 'no-one', so I asked about the dog - 'it's ours' they replied

While I was away they were invited to a party, and the lady was a breeder of Jack Russell Terriers
There had just been a litter. We lived in rural Warwickshire, and most people wanted smooth haired ones as working dogs. There was one rough haired puppy left, and apparently he had spent most of the evening on Mum's lap

The breeder suggested they take him home and try him for a week........well, you can guess the rest

He was mostly white, with a couple of greyish brown streaks around his ears, and a small black patch on his back - hence the name, Patch
Jack Russells have a reputation for being a bit snappy, but although he was lively and boisterous, this one was mostly gentle and harmless

We had him till he was 14
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2020, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thankyou Dongle.

Is that market still there, I wonder?
Yes, it's still there Mups.
Bocephus
Canada
Bocephus is male 

12-03-2020, 02:03 PM

We used to have a Basset Hound named 'Arthur'. Sadly, I have no pics. In Newfoundland at the time lived a breeder who was also a priest. He was asking $1800, but because the pup's back end was a little off when he walked, we got him for $1000. He lived for 9 years and could barely walk as a result of his condition. We had to put him down.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top