Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 05:17 PM

Re: Ex-diplomat Warning to Brussels.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Try if you can understand this:

On the ground that the Court was being called upon to rule only upon the scope of the prorogation power: that is, on whether the power extended to doing what had been done in this case. Questions about the scope of legal powers are, self-evidently, legal questions that are justiciable before courts of law. That the answer to that question might have implications in the political realm, and that the question arose in a febrile political context, did not detract from the essentially legal nature of the issue before the Court.
Where did you google that up from ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Where did you google that up from ?
So it puts you down?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 05:26 PM

So it puts you down?
Not at all, if you want to quote stuff from pro-Gina Miller web sites and other places that promote project fear and bent lawyers then go ahead. Just bear in mind that these aren't your opinions, they're someone else's. That's because you're not clever enough to work anything out for yourself.

Just type in your words into a search engine and copy and paste the result as if its a fact. Doesn't matter where its from or if it makes any sense.

A bit like your posts

Watch the supreme court get moved to York soon. They won't like that and it serves them right for turning the legal system into a kangaroo court to try and overturn the will of the people and a democratic vote.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 05:39 PM

Not at all, if you want to quote stuff from pro-Gina Miller web sites and other places that promote project fear and bent lawyers then go ahead. Just bear in mind that these aren't your opinions, they're someone else's. That's because you're not clever enough to work anything out for yourself.

Just type in your words into a search engine and copy and paste the result as if its a fact. Doesn't matter where its from or if it makes any sense.

A bit like your posts

Watch the supreme court get moved to York soon. They won't like that and it serves them right for turning the legal system into a kangaroo court to try and overturn the will of the people and a democratic vote.
But you still didn't give a straightforward answer to my question: do you understand the text I gave? Apparently not from your roundabout reply.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-02-2020, 05:44 PM

But you still didn't give a straightforward answer to my question: do you understand the text I gave? Apparently not from your roundabout reply.

Yes

I explained it in my answer

Do you understand my reply? Can you answer my question ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-02-2020, 05:49 PM

Yes

I explained it in my answer

Do you understand my reply? Can you answer my question ?
Don't noticed a question mark in your post. Perhaps it is better if you go zzzzz?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-02-2020, 05:54 PM

Don't noticed a question mark in your post. Perhaps it is better if you go zzzzz?

You can't can you

You haven't the faintest idea ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-02-2020, 05:56 PM

You can't can you

You haven't the faintest idea ....
About your question? No, not the foggiest.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That's not strictly true.

The Supreme Court made up a new law then applied it retrospectively..

It didn't help their Remainer cause and it means their wings will rightly be clipped at some point during this Parliament.
The logical consequence of this, if it is allowed to continue, is the effective loss of democracy in this country.

If the Supreme Court can create a law and apply it, and that law can override decisions made in the House of Commons, it poses the question 'what is the point of voting in general elections?' We may as well be ruled by an unelected collection of judges: a kritocracy, rather like the form of government in Iran.
It also bears some relationship to the EU's form of government: a collection of MEPs who can do nothing more than discuss policy and suggest laws. The people who make the decisions comprise the European Commission, which is also unelected by the people. Again, not a democracy.

I was always under the impression that laws were agreed and created in Parliament, not by the Supreme Court.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-02-2020, 06:08 PM

About your question? No, not the foggiest.
I answered you - read my posts.

I guess its too difficult for you to come up with your own opinion

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top