Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 01:44 AM

Re: Wanton Vandalism

Extinction Rebellion are just a bunch of un-educated idiots, regardless of their education background. It's all about climate change and it is a well known fact that the UK is one of the lowest producers of climate affecting gases amongst the developed countries of the world. The USA, China, India and Russia are the biggest climate killers but yet these Extinction Rebellion fools keep harping on about the UK not doing enough.

Even if the UK was able to produce ZERO climate affecting gases, it would make absolutely no difference and have absolutely no impact because the 4 countries combined produce just over 60% of climate killing gases (the factual figures are available online, just go search for them like i did).

The ONLY reason Extinction Rebellion do not protest in any of those 4 countries to the same level that they do in the UK is because those 4 countries allow the lawful use of guns and Extinction Rebellion are scared that the guns would be used on them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 02:41 AM

Hi

The bunch in Shrewsbury were not the great unwashed.

They were middle aged and elderly and well dressed.

The chattering classes.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Extinction Rebellion are just a bunch of un-educated idiots, regardless of their education background. It's all about climate change and it is a well known fact that the UK is one of the lowest producers of climate affecting gases amongst the developed countries of the world. The USA, China, India and Russia are the biggest climate killers but yet these Extinction Rebellion fools keep harping on about the UK not doing enough.

Even if the UK was able to produce ZERO climate affecting gases, it would make absolutely no difference and have absolutely no impact because the 4 countries combined produce just over 60% of climate killing gases (the factual figures are available online, just go search for them like i did).

The ONLY reason Extinction Rebellion do not protest in any of those 4 countries to the same level that they do in the UK is because those 4 countries allow the lawful use of guns and Extinction Rebellion are scared that the guns would be used on them.
Good post Dodge... 👍
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The Extinction Rebellion lot are at it again, this time vandalising a lawn in Trinity College, Cambridge to highlight a `major development` scheme endorsed by the University.

The soil dug up was then taken to a branch of Barclays Bank and tipped out over the floor.

Wonder if they'll actually get prosecuted this time? A good stretch in gaol is well deserved IMO.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-51534446
I agree entirely Judd. Like most people I cannot see the point in their wanton behaviour although I must confess that whilst there are some genuine protesters in the group I can't help but feel they've been infiltrated by anarchists and the like, just out to stir up trouble wherever and whenever they can. Why people let themselves be brainwashed into joining organisations like these and behave it in this fashion is beyond me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 11:36 AM

"The ONLY reason Extinction Rebellion do not protest in any of those 4 countries to the same level that they do in the UK is because those 4 countries allow the lawful use of guns and Extinction Rebellion are scared that the guns would be used on them."

Is letting protesters be Mown Down Lawful Use?
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 03:51 PM

Bampots! Love it Not a word you hear too often
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 03:53 PM

Just remembered a great made up word from another forum, "twunts"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Just remembered a great made up word from another forum, "twunts"
I can't imagine what that means.....
Glanny
N.Ireland

18-02-2020, 03:56 PM

It's an amalgam as I am sure you realised
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
It's an amalgam as I am sure you realised

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top