Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 06:16 PM

Re: Rate your stay

I used to put reviews - good and bad as appropriate - on Trip Advisor but they have changed the log-in protocols and I cannot be bothered now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've written a few words on places I've visited on Google Maps, and I like to send a photo too. It's nice to look on the maps and see one of your own photos promoting the place.
La Fleur blanche?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I used to put reviews - good and bad as appropriate - on Trip Advisor but they have changed the log-in protocols and I cannot be bothered now.
Same here Tabs. I do try to leave reviews wherever possible but Trip Advisor won't let me sign in anymore since \i changed mt email address and didn't tell them.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 07:36 PM

Na, life's too short, if it's crap I just don't go there again. And anyway, two different people staying at the same hotel could (and do) give totally opposite responses.

I've looked at some of the reports for good hotels I've stayed in and I can't believe some people stayed in the same hotel....

There seems to be this insistence by every company you deal with to write a report about how you found the service....
You could make a career out of it. Who do they think I am.....Oscar Wilde!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
La Fleur blanche?
Madam Cynthia's, BBC canteen, Blue Peter Garden.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:05 PM

Yes I do .
I post on Trip advisor and I read what others say too.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:29 PM

I've been on Trip Advisor since 2006. I only post honest reviews, good or bad on places that have stayed in. You'd like to think,that you're helping other people, who are planning to stay in places you have been in. There have been a few horrors, but mostly ok ones.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Now there's a nice surprise for you LF!

My answer is no, I'm fairly sure we have never had a thread on hotel reviews before this one. It would be interesting to read some of the reviews though.
Cheers Mags you have made my day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Cheers Mags you have made my day.
You’re welcome, LF
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 10:37 PM

I always have, and always will, write the truth about an hotel or other service I have received.

I should add that I will always describe any good points as well as bad ones, assuming of course that there is a balance.

In most cases my reviews have been good, although on occasion I have mentioned one or two pertinent matters that have been negative. I believe it is important to be honest and inform other potential users of my genuine experiences, good and bad.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top