Join for free
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 01:50 PM

Trump selects Coronavirus fall guy.

I listened to about 20 minutes of Trumps Coronavirus show last night until I could not stand it any more.

I find it amusing that he timed it to preempt the national news, but I saw that CBS continued with their regular programming. (they missed nothing) As it turned out, it was no more than a free, prime time, campaign stunt, complete with bashing of political opponents.

The President has selected Mike Pence to be the Coronavirus czar in case things go south on him. In response, Pence lavished praise on the President for his handling of the crisis. (or non-crisis as the case may be) Pence has made a fine art of licking the president's boots; he is the best I have ever seen.

The bottom line is that if the virus doesn't get a hold on the country, Trump can claim a great victory based on his superior judgement and leadership. If it does sicken many Americans DJ can blame Pence. Pence will be more than happy to fall upon his sword for his lord and savior.

Trump was very reassuring to the nation by reminding us that some tens of thousands of Americans die of seasonal flu each year, so that this is no big deal.....A simple solution to ending the Coronavirus pandemic will be to just not do the expensive test for confirming the virus and blame the deaths on seasonal flu. Problem solved pandemic ended.

Trump said it, I believe it, and that is the end of it.......
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 01:59 PM

Re: Trump selects Coronavirus fall guy.

Do I detect just a hint of cynisism...
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2020, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I listened to about 20 minutes of Trumps Coronavirus show last night until I could not stand it any more.

I find it amusing that he timed it to preempt the national news, but I saw that CBS continued with their regular programming. (they missed nothing) As it turned out, it was no more than a free, prime time, campaign stunt, complete with bashing of political opponents.

The President has selected Mike Pence to be the Coronavirus czar in case things go south on him. In response, Pence lavished praise on the President for his handling of the crisis. (or non-crisis as the case may be) Pence has made a fine art of licking the president's boots; he is the best I have ever seen.

The bottom line is that if the virus doesn't get a hold on the country, Trump can claim a great victory based on his superior judgement and leadership. If it does sicken many Americans DJ can blame Pence. Pence will be more than happy to fall upon his sword for his lord and savior.

Trump was very reassuring to the nation by reminding us that some tens of thousands of Americans die of seasonal flu each year, so that this is no big deal.....A simple solution to ending the Coronavirus pandemic will be to just not do the expensive test for confirming the virus and blame the deaths on seasonal flu. Problem solved pandemic ended.

Trump said it, I believe it, and that is the end of it.......
Just broke my neck nodding in agreement with your take on Trump's news conference.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2020, 07:04 PM

Given that Pence was chosen as VP because he was the only candidate they could find who did not intellectually overshadow Trump, any American with a functioning brain must be quaking in their boots.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top