Join for free
Page 8 of 33 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:49 AM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
This is really all you needed to say. Nobody needs to shout and swear to get a message across (in any situation). Anyone who does that at work IMO should be encouraged to see a professional.
Hi

The most effective Boss I have had was very mild mannered and polite.

He made you feel that you were letting yourself and others down.

If you did not perform you were out, no fuss, no bother.

No chance at all of taking him to a Tribunal.

The most terrifying thing he ever said was when he ventured out unto the Office.

Mr or Miss x, I know you are very busy, but I would be most grateful if you could spare me a few minutes today.

Never to be seen again.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The most effective Boss I have had was very mild mannered and polite.

He made you feel that you were letting yourself and others down.

If you did not perform you were out, no fuss, no bother.

No chance at all of taking him to a Tribunal.

The most terrifying thing he ever said was when he ventured out unto the Office.

Mr or Miss x, I know you are very busy, but I would be most grateful if you could spare me a few minutes today.

Never to be seen again.

What was the bosses name Swimmy, sweeney todd??
Donkeyman!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 10:58 AM

Priti Patel 'bullying' report may never see the light of day, top official hints

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...never-22890026

A probe into allegations of bullying by Home Secretary Priti Patel may never see the light of day, Britain’s top civil servant has hinted. New Cabinet Secretary Simon Case refused to guarantee that the Cabinet Office report would be published in full, saying it was in Boris Johnson ’s hands.

Downing Street has repeatedly refused to set out when the report will be published, with the long delay prompting speculation No10 was paving the way for Ms Patel to be cleared.

Pressed on whether the report would be published in full, Mr Case said: “The PM is the arbiter of conduct. He is the one who has to draw conclusions from the process and then it’s up to the Prime Minister of course to set out what he sees most fits at the end of that process.”

Asked if Mr Johnson was responsible for publishing it, he said: “Absolutely, as the ultimate arbiter of the ministerial code, this matter absolutely rests with the Prime Minister.”

That's that, then ..... BJ's cosy coterie remains intact .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Priti Patel 'bullying' report may never see the light of day, top official hints

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...never-22890026

That's that, then ..... BJ's cosy coterie remains intact .....
No, the attack by an incompetent rshole and his like has been defeated. Good. Once the Transition garbage is ended he can - and SHOULD declare open season on the rest.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 11:00 AM

It's a thought that the Civil Service is so deep into the Paradigm "We've always done it, this way, so why change?".

That thinking killed a lot of our retail & manufacturing industries.

The very idea that a Civil Servant won't accept an order is amazing.

It's time to start by changing the name from "Civil Service" to "Government Admin".

The word "Service" should be maintained only by those who give Service, like the police, the fire service, the military.

I wonder how many Civil Servants have, actually, worked out there in the competitive world?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
It's a thought that the Civil Service is so deep into the Paradigm "We've always done it, this way, so why change?".

It's time to start by changing the name from "Civil Service" to "Government Admin".

I wonder how many Civil Servants have, actually, worked out there in the competitive world?
Dido "Incompetent" Harding is, AFAIK, a Civil Servant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dido_Harding

Upon graduating in 1988 she joined the management consultancy McKinsey & Company. In 1995 she was appointed marketing director of Thomas Cook before moving to Manpower and Kingfisher in 1998 and Woolworths in 1999. From 2000 to 2004 she was “commercial director for value added foods" and then “international support director” at Tesco. In 2007 she moved to Sainsbury's as convenience store director, and took a seat on the operating board in 2008. She was named the first CEO of TalkTalk in 2010, when Carphone Warehouse split its telecoms business from its retail operation. She was appointed as a non-executive director on The Court of The Bank of England in July 2014. She has also served on the boards of British Land and Cheltenham Racecours. In January 2018 Harding joined the main board of the Jockey Club, which runs many of British horseracing's most popular events, including the Grand National, the Cheltenham Festival and the Derby.
Michael Coupe was the CEO of J Sainsbury plc, parent company of the supermarket chain Sainsbury's, from July 2014 until the end of May 2020. AFAIK, he's not (technically) a Civil Servant but, recently, was appointed head of COVID-19 infection testing at NHS Test and Trace.

As a SPAD, Dominic Cummings is, again AFAIK, a Civil Servant. He's rarely had "proper" jobs but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domini...ngs#Early_life

After university, Cummings moved to Yeltsin's post-Soviet Russia from 1994 to 1997, working on various projects, including an attemp to set up an airline connecting Samara in southern Russia to Vienna in Austria which (apparently) was "spectacularly unsuccessful". He subsequently returned to the UK to enter politics.
Personally, I worked in the private sector/local government for 37 years then undertook 2 Civil Service roles before retiring.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No, the attack by an incompetent rshole and his like has been defeated. Good. Once the Transition garbage is ended he can - and SHOULD declare open season on the rest.
Very well said.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

The word "Service" should be maintained only by those who give Service, like the police, the fire service, the military.

Hi

It is an inescapable fact that some Civil Servants are not up to the job.

However, many of their Political Masters are not up to the job either.

You may be surprised how many Civil Servants do not sit behind desks supping tea.

There are the various branches of the Security Services, Hazmat Officers, Customs, Border Control and Immigration.

Port Health Officers, technically Local Government, a lousy job.

I have refused a direct order from a politician on more than one occasion.

This was done quite properly as the instruction was illegal.

I have this to both Labour and Conservative.

I was an equal opportunity rebel.

One such order was to stop actions against a certain ethnic group because of Racial Profiling and Community Tensions.

That was simply not going to happen.

That was Labour.

It is also not the fault of Civil Servants to have to release on Bail Illegals we had found because of the cost of detaining them.

That was Conservative.

I have fortunately never had to work for Ms Patel.

I would most definitely be sacked.

She is an idiot.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 04:58 PM

Hi

You may be surprised how many Civil Servants do not sit behind desks supping tea.

There are the various branches of the Security Services, Hazmat Officers, Customs, Border Control and Immigration.

One such order was to stop actions against a certain ethnic group because of Racial Profiling and Community Tensions.

That was Labour.

It is also not the fault of Civil Servants to have to release on Bail Illegals we had found because of the cost of detaining them.

That was Conservative.

She is an idiot.
If you did refuse a direct order, legal or not, from a member of the government you should have been sacked on the spot.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 05:05 PM

Hi

That was Labour.

That was Conservative.

She is an idiot.
Methinks you would in all likelihood deserve the sacking.

FYI:
"Ms Patel's former associates said: "We do not recognise the picture that has been painted of her this week. She is certainly a tough, assertive and effective leader, but even under extreme pressure she has never crossed a line or lost her temper.

"She expects high standards, but is always professional. She gives her all for this country and deserves far better treatment than she has received. Those of us who have been employed by her at difficult times in our lives – during illness, a personal crisis or bereavement – also know how caring and compassionate she can be."

That is from people that have worked with and for her.
https://www.politicshome.com/news/ar...row-rumbles-on

Page 8 of 33 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top