Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 11:19 AM

Re: State Pension Increase.

Old people here so often whinge about the State Age Related Benefit (SARB) which apart from retaining the name is NOT a pension and complain about how in other countries the SARB is so much higher.

BUT what gets overlooked is that here the SARB is bolstered with a number of other albeit means tested benefits they can get. In some other cases, most noticeably France, it is completely unaffordable and changes are being opposed by so many of the population. Greece is another case of unaffordability and were it not for the European Commission bribes via the ECB it would also be Iman even worse position than it is.

The UK provision for people who have reached SARB age are actually very good and the sooner the SARB is means tested or better yet allowed to wither on the vine and be replaced by the package of Benefits that exist the better. For one thing it will allow better focus on the people who need it most.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

The UK provision for people who have reached SARB age are actually very good and the sooner the SARB is means tested or better yet allowed to wither on the vine and be replaced by the package of Benefits that exist the better. For one thing it will allow better focus on the people who need it most.
That might be good in your opinion, Dodger. It is absolute rubbish in mine!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:09 PM

I started paying tax at the age of fourteen and finished at the age of seventy. Sixty six years and never once had to claim unemployment benefit. I reckon I have more than earned my state pension and it's poor yearly increase.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Why? A person who has reached SARB age with no other income and no assets gets a very good and adequate package of Benefits in the UK.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Rubbish in mine, too .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:41 PM

Never look a 'Gift Horse' in the mouth is what I say....I've probably earned my pension by the tax on all the fags I've smoked over the years, and the exorbitant cost of diesel...
Not to mention my 45 years as a working geezer...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:46 PM

I'm amazed you are able to run the distances that you do OGF with all that smoke in your lungs.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 12:48 PM

Why? A person who has reached SARB age with no other income and no assets gets a very good and adequate package of Benefits in the UK.
Have you reached SARB age? Have you no other income? Have you no assets?

If the answer to any of these questions is "NO" then your opinion should, and will, IMC, be ignored .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

05-03-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Have you reached SARB age? Have you no other income? Have you no assets?

If the answer to any of these questions is "NO" then your opinion should, and will, IMC, be ignored .....
I'm 73 and a bit, my only UK income is my SARB, and I have no UK assets.

Sorted.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Speak for yourself! It's going to take a long time before that 3.9% will negate the 3 years 9 months delay inflicted on the start of my pension!

Perhaps the increase should have gone only to WASPI's!
Same here in some respects. I should have officially been a `pensioner` this year but have just seen it snatched from my grasp just when it was in reach.

After almost 50 years of paying into the system and never getting anything back in return, I deserve to get my pension.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top