Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 01:37 PM

Re: State Pension Increase.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I'm 73 and a bit, my only UK income is my SARB, and I have no UK assets.

Sorted.
"UK" means that you have used your self-professed tax "avoidance" expertise to place your income and assets elsewhere .....

IMO, any SARB-only receiver running an SUV should immediately become an DWP/HMRC suspect .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sorry, Swimmy, have to disagree there. Some of us have worked hard most of our lives to feed, clothe, house ourselves and, yes, fund a pension. The cost of living is rising alarmingly and, for those on a fixed income, that is scary.

The State Pension may rise by 3.9% but most of that will come off the Works Pension in tax - so the increase will not be so much over all.

As for 'other benefits' not being increased by as much - good - it might give the scroungers the incentive to work for a living!

You often brag about your finances - so maybe you don't need the increase - some of us are not so fortunate.

I agree with Tabby here, Swim.
And as others have said, if you don't want it, donate it to someone who would appreciate it. Simple.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
"UK" means that you have used your self-professed tax "avoidance" expertise to place your income and assets elsewhere .....

IMO, any SARB-only receiver running an SUV should immediately become an DWP/HMRC suspect .....

You asked - I replied.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You asked - I replied.
Of course you did ..... evasively .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by omah ->
rubbish in mine, too .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 07:50 PM

try living without any "extra"benefits! some of us have to live on savings and investments. Those wh save hard are he ones kick it the teeth for doing just that, yet the scroungerfs-cheats and lazy sods get everything given to them.

Anyone on benefits should prove they need it each year,
no problem if genuine, but a scare for others who cheat.

What really annoys me are those who say they can't work yet there are jobs that mean they don't even have to leave their home. Many jobs only really need a computer so there is absolutely no excuse
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
try living without any "extra"benefits! some of us have to live on savings and investments. Those wh save hard are he ones kick it the teeth for doing just that, yet the scroungerfs-cheats and lazy sods get everything given to them.

Anyone on benefits should prove they need it each year,
no problem if genuine, but a scare for others who cheat.

What really annoys me are those who say they can't work yet there are jobs that mean they don't even have to leave their home. Many jobs only really need a computer so there is absolutely no excuse
There's no doubt there are many benefit cheats and it's because of them the benefits system has been overhauled and tightened up to the point where genuine claimants have real and serious problems getting any benefits at all. Before anyone is tempted to smear all benefit claimants as cheats - I suggest you watch a film called "I Daniel Blake". It provides insight on how easily someone can slip into the benefit system through no fault of their own and how hard it can be to survive in that system.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 08:39 PM

There's more information about the rise in State Pension on the link below, including some about those who may lose out from what this article states. It's all on there and does spell it all out, worth a read I reckon if you are interested:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/01...in-april-2020/
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

05-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
try living without any "extra"benefits! some of us have to live on savings and investments.
How dreadful ..... having to finance cars, property, cruises and cameras WITH YOUR OWN MONEY and a SUBSTANTIAL WORKPLACE PENSION .....

My heart bleeds at the thought of your pitiable condition .....

Feel free to come back with one of your boring self-righteous replies ..... I like a good laugh .....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
How dreadful ..... having to finance cars, property, cruises and cameras WITH YOUR OWN MONEY and a SUBSTANTIAL WORKPLACE PENSION .....

My heart bleeds at the thought of your pitiable condition .....

Feel free to come back with one of your boring self-righteous replies ..... I like a good laugh .....
Jeez! What a sarcastic response! MY heart bleeds at the thought of YOUR pitiable condition!

Well done to those who have enough financial savvy to make savings, and from those savings then make investments! Better than those who as soon as they earn a buck, they spend the lot!
The people with savings and investments pay the taxes which allow others the benefits they need to survive...........it's not just good luck to having savings and investments, it's being able to control your spending, exercising some common sense and years of hard graft! Anyone with investments will be aware at how much they've fallen during the current health issues and those investments may be their main source of income.......so credit where credit's due!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top