Join for free
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

09-03-2020, 06:41 PM

Labour Leadership Vote

In January for the first time in my life I became a member of a UK Political Party. I am Scottish, British and for last 5 years have lived in France but hope to return to UK this year. I will be returning to England and I am on the Electoral list at last UK address which is in England.
The reason I felt compelled to join this year, like at least 100,000 others are, I am sure obvious.(Would never have joined with Jeremy Corben as leader).
Anyway, I have just received my online vote this afternoon for the new leader & deputy leader which I have now duly completed & returned.
Where I am and at this time there is not a lot else I can do in terms of support but over the past 3 or 4 years never have I felt so invisible to my countrymen and government so at pushing 60 it was time to contribute and the little move that it is, it feels good.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Re: Labour Leadership Vote

Originally Posted by Chardon-B ->
In January for the first time in my life I became a member of a UK Political Party. I am Scottish, British and for last 5 years have lived in France but hope to return to UK this year. I will be returning to England and I am on the Electoral list at last UK address which is in England.
The reason I felt compelled to join this year, like at least 100,000 others are, I am sure obvious.(Would never have joined with Jeremy Corben as leader).
Anyway, I have just received my online vote this afternoon for the new leader & deputy leader which I have now duly completed & returned.
Where I am and at this time there is not a lot else I can do in terms of support but over the past 3 or 4 years never have I felt so invisible to my countrymen and government so at pushing 60 it was time to contribute and the little move that it is, it feels good.

Good for you

If you believe in something strongly, you should support it the best way you see fit. I'm a member of the Conservative Party and cancelled my membership over Mays Chequers proposal then renewed it when she quit.
Chardon-B
France
Chardon-B is female 

12-03-2020, 04:45 PM

Re: Labour Leadership Vote

Thanks for the reply Bread and the thumbs up.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top