Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 05:36 PM

Re: Our Chancellor

Originally Posted by Judd ->
And the worst in living memory IMO. He that raided pension schemes to shore up and pay for the Labour government's excessive spending, him that sold much of Britain's gold reserves announcing the fact before it went on sale thus making its value plunge so that it could be bought by speculators - one of his relatives included, and finally, when he did actually become PM, was terrible at that job too only surpassed by Theresa May a few years later.
Thanks for answering the question l have been asking on quite a few occasions as to who caused all the damage to the country in the
last forty five years Juddy!
Sounds like Brown should have been jailed to me!!
Donkeyman!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
And the worst in living memory IMO. He that raided pension schemes to shore up and pay for the Labour government's excessive spending, him that sold much of Britain's gold reserves announcing the fact before it went on sale thus making its value plunge so that it could be bought by speculators - one of his relatives included, and finally, when he did actually become PM, was terrible at that job too only surpassed by Theresa May a few years later.
Spot on..... he turned out to be a scumbag.

He stole 30 billion out of private pensions.

It cut my private pension by about half after me paying in for over 30 years.

PS think he did more harm to this country than May BUT she was a very close second
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Spot on..... he turned out to be a scumbag.

He stole 30 billion out of private pensions.

It cut my private pension by about half after me paying in for over 30 years.

PS think he did more harm to this country than May BUT she was a very close second
Brown did more damage to this country than Hitler!
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:13 AM

As far as I am concerned, the only good thing Brown did was resist joining the Euro and stayed with the Pound Stirling; for that and that alone, I am grateful.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
As far as I am concerned, the only good thing Brown did was resist joining the Euro and stayed with the Pound Stirling; for that and that alone, I am grateful.
That wasn't through any business acumen on his part, it was to spite Tony Bliar who was (and is) an outright Europhile determined to make the UK a complete and total member of the EU and all that that entailed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 02:41 AM

All this is in the past .
What do you think of the present man?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:18 AM

He's enthusiastic, I'll give him that!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:19 AM

I was impressed...he was so confident...good on him
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:26 AM

Yep! He made it all sound generous!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:33 AM

Who's going to pay it back though when half the country dies of Coronavirus......

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top