Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 03:43 AM

Money for Nothing!

Prime Minister Scotty from Marketing has announced today an economic recovery package. I am looking forward to my $750 (£375) Government handout.

Scotty and Treasurer Josh Frydenberg have unveiled the details of their $17.6 billion plan to try to stop the economy sliding into recession because of coronavirus.

The package includes:

• Increase in instant asset write-offs for businesses
  • Wage assistance for apprentices and trainees
  • $750 stimulus payments for households receiving benefit payments
  • A payment of up to $25,000 for businesses

Scotty said the stimulus would have an obvious impact on the budget.

The idea of giving welfare recipients the money is because they will spend it and be unlikely to save it or pay off their mortgage. Being a one off payment it will not affect the budget in future years which an increase in, say, the dole would.

The Liberal Government, who claim to be better financial managers than Labor, are desperate not to be the government to lead Australia into recession after 29 years without one.

They are especially vulnerable after vociferously criticising the Rudd Government's handouts during the GFC.

Now, what will I spend it on?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...48214#Stimulus
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 09:32 AM

Re: Money for Nothing!

Only one comment. Double New Start. The present payment is beyond pathetic. Just because you don't have a job it doesn't mean you are a bludger who doesn't deserve to eat or have a roof over your head. Wake up Morrison. Get your head out of your arse. 750 bucks won't buy me and it won't buy many others I bet. I'm pne of the lucky ones. I'm self funded retired. I would hate to be young, unemployed and trying to eat, pay rent and utilities, buy clothes and pay fares on $40 a day.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Only one comment. Double New Start. The present payment is beyond pathetic. Just because you don't have a job it doesn't mean you are a bludger who doesn't deserve to eat or have a roof over your head. Wake up Morrison. Get your head out of your arse. 750 bucks won't buy me and it won't buy many others I bet. I'm pne of the lucky ones. I'm self funded retired. I would hate to be young, unemployed and trying to eat, pay rent and utilities, buy clothes and pay fares on $40 a day.
You could go and live in the bush Keezoy? Oh l forgot,you burned
it all down didnt you?
Donkeyman!
PS. I wasnt aware oz had an unemployment problem?
If you do why do you let immigrants in???

Donkeyman! 🙄🙄🙄
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Prime Minister Scotty from Marketing has announced today an economic recovery package. I am looking forward to my $750 (£375) Government handout.

Scotty and Treasurer Josh Frydenberg have unveiled the details of their $17.6 billion plan to try to stop the economy sliding into recession because of coronavirus.

The package includes:

• Increase in instant asset write-offs for businesses
  • Wage assistance for apprentices and trainees
  • $750 stimulus payments for households receiving benefit payments
  • A payment of up to $25,000 for businesses

Scotty said the stimulus would have an obvious impact on the budget.

The idea of giving welfare recipients the money is because they will spend it and be unlikely to save it or pay off their mortgage. Being a one off payment it will not affect the budget in future years which an increase in, say, the dole would.

The Liberal Government, who claim to be better financial managers than Labor, are desperate not to be the government to lead Australia into recession after 29 years without one.

They are especially vulnerable after vociferously criticising the Rudd Government's handouts during the GFC.

Now, what will I spend it on?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...48214#Stimulus
And you mock us Brucy???

Donkeyman!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You could go and live in the bush Keezoy? Oh l forgot,you burned
it all down didnt you?
Donkeyman!
PS. I wasnt aware oz had an unemployment problem?
If you do why do you let immigrants in???

Donkeyman! 🙄🙄🙄
Migrants?..we are all migrants here. We let anybody in who is going to make our country better by their presence, who waits their turn in the legal queue and who will live peacefully with us. And for the most part they do. Once they are here they are Australians. It's not "us and them" No we didn't burn all the bush down. The fires are out and the regrowth has already started. I do live in the bush. Or right next to it. A national park. The biggest bushfire in Australia's history was burning only 20 Kms from our back door. 350,000 square kilometers. Seven times the size of Singapore Luckily we were spared. Many weren't. Check it out. Happy trails.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...18-p53l4y.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 11:23 AM

It's called quantitative easing and was applied in a number of countries in 2008.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

16-03-2020, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's called quantitative easing and was applied in a number of countries in 2008.
That sounds like a laxative Todgy? Is the world constipated?

Donkeyman! 😄😄😄
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

16-03-2020, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Migrants?..we are all migrants here. We let anybody in who is going to make our country better by their presence, who waits their turn in the legal queue and who will live peacefully with us. And for the most part they do. Once they are here they are Australians. It's not "us and them" No we didn't burn all the bush down. The fires are out and the regrowth has already started. I do live in the bush. Or right next to it. A national park. The biggest bushfire in Australia's history was burning only 20 Kms from our back door. 350,000 square kilometers. Seven times the size of Singapore Luckily we were spared. Many weren't. Check it out. Happy trails.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...18-p53l4y.html
Thanks for the history lesson KZ! But you didnt answer the question
I asked about unemployment in oz? Is there a problem? If so l
questioned the rationale of allowing more people to enter the
country untill all the present population are catered for!
It was your statement that you were glad that you werent young
and facing the problem of finding a job that prompted my question!
Regarding your bush fires being seven times the size of Singapore?
Singapore is only 250 sq miles in size, so for such a huge country
as oz it shouldn be such a big deal?
And you did burn it down due to your policy of letting remote fires
burn themselves out instead of intervening in good time? Only
this time they didnt go out?
And yes the fires are out, but you didnt put them out,nyo were lucky
it rained?
BTW, lthink your immigration laws are the way to go entirely and l
applaud your attitude to it!
But as l say my post was prompted by what you said?
Glad to hear the bush is regenerating, you will probably find it will be
healthier growth and other species will take hold as well?
Very sad about the fauna though

All the best Donkeyman! 🙄🙄🙄

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top