Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2020, 11:53 PM

Mexico-heads in the sand

The entire government of Mexico is apparently sticking their collective heads in the sand and pretending that the coronavirus does not exist.

Mexico is NOT taking the temperature of passengers incoming to airports.

They have tested only 289 suspected cases thus far.

The only cases which have been confirmed (11) are those people who have gone to hospital with serious problems.

No large public gatherings have been canceled.

With much of the Mexican population crowded together like sardines, if the virus does gain a foothold, the impact will be brutal.

Once again I get the feeling that the gov't is much more concerned with the negative economic impact than with the lives of it's citizens. Then again, Mexico may not care one bit about hundreds of thousands dying. They already have far, far more people than they can employ.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 01:11 AM

Re: Mexico-heads in the sand

Yep that sounds really grim BM. I have never been south of the Rio Grande but I have heard some horrendous stories about the place. I've also known people who have been arrested and thrown into prison accused of things that they had nothing to do with and forced to pay bribes to escape. Are you from the US originally?..If so I don't know why you don't return. I would.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yep that sounds really grim BM. I have never been south of the Rio Grande but I have heard some horrendous stories about the place. I've also known people who have been arrested and thrown into prison accused of things that they had nothing to do with and forced to pay bribes to escape. Are you from the US originally?..If so I don't know why you don't return. I would.
Yep, U.S. citizen.. born and bred.

You are correct. Mexico CAN BE a very dangerous place. However, if you know what you are doing, and I certainly do, it is quite cheap to live here. For example, my one bedroom, bath, kitchen, living room and storage/laundry area costs me only $200/month. Electricity aprox $8/month. Free tv, and my wifi only costs $15/month. Also, water is included in my rent

One of the prime rules for expats is to NEVER, EVER flaunt your income. Example: owning a new expensive auto.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 06:56 AM

Hi

Nothing like as bad as the utterly stupid response of the USA.
bakerman
Mexico

13-03-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Ah, another anti-American. Specifics ? Be specific.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 11:39 AM

Hi

Please clarify Swimmy?
Donkeyman!
bakerman
Mexico

13-03-2020, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Please clarify Swimmy?
Donkeyman!
Swimfeeders made a cheap shot and now has disappeared. Hmm.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2020, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Swimfeeders made a cheap shot and now has disappeared. Hmm.
Hi

I have not disappeared, just do not spend all my time on here.

In response, Trump was criticised in a Congressional Hearing by his own Chief Medical Adviser.

Trump has being doing minimal testing and only last night has he made it free.

He has excluded all Travel from Europe apart from the UK.

A nonsense decision,.

If you look at his travel restrictions they exclude anywhere he has resorts.

It was Trump who sent a signed copy of the rebound in the Dow Jones to his supporters, not the Mexican President.
bakerman
Mexico

14-03-2020, 09:16 PM

In response, Trump was criticised in a Congressional Hearing by his own Chief Medical Adviser.

Trump has being doing minimal testing and only last night has he made it free.

He has excluded all Travel from Europe apart from the UK.

A nonsense decision,.

If you look at his travel restrictions they exclude anywhere he has resorts.

It was Trump who sent a signed copy of the rebound in the Dow Jones to his supporters, not the Mexican President.
1.) Trump's own medical advisor only has to worry about the pandemic. Trump, on the other hand, has the welfare of the entire nation on his mind. Moreover, Pres. Trump does not, can not ORDER testing. Anything Pres. Trump does is going to be criticized by the leftists.

2.) Pres Trump is well aware that the states are doing testing as fast as they can get supplies of test kits. Pres. Trump must walk a fine line between informing the nation of what the citizens need to do, and simultaneously trying to avoid panic in the populous.

3.) In case you didn't happen to notice, Europe is the newest epicenter of the virus. Due to Europe's open border policy, there is no possible way to know who has been where. Italy, for example. Banning travel from Europe is going to save thousands of American lives. Quite possibly more. Additionally, due to the E.U's open border policy, the UK and Ireland will soon be on the banned travel list.

4.) why send a copy of the Dow Jones rebound to the Mexican president ? What has he to do with anything ? Hmm?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top